Price Drop: Denon DCD-3520---SOLD

willland

If there is anyone remotely interested in this beast, give me a shout.

My family and I will be leaving for Christmas vacation on 12/20 driving from Kissimmee, Florida to Macon, Georgia to Asheville, NC.

Anyone along that route FL Turnpike>>>>I-75>>>>Macon>>>>Atlanta>>>>I-85>>>>Greenville,SC>>>>HWY 25>>>>I-26>>>>Asheville, NC, I can deliver.

Bill

Edited by willland

Bill, is 475 a great deal ? I mean what did that unit sell for new ? I have been buying all the Kyocera 710's I can find, they sold for around 1500 but I really love the way they match my old pioneer receivers with the silver front and wood sides. 40lb cdp is a beast for sure...Roost

Great deal, that may be subjective.  Since I have known about these Denon players for about 4 years, I have seen them sell for as little as $45.00 for non functioning and as high as $1400.00 for a NOS piece on various websites and Craigslist, with the average being in the $400.00 to $600.00 range.

Looks like the 3520 sold originally in the late 1980s for $1800.00.

Michael a little closer to $1500.00 in release year of 1988 but still a formidable force in CD player manufacturing.

Bill

Edited by willland

Leaving in morning for trip from Kissimmee, FL to Asheville, NC.

Anyone want the Denon along the route I can deliver.

Price will be much much better than the current advertised price of $475.00 shipped.

Send PM before 6:00am on Saturday so I can pack Denon in car.

Bill

• 2 weeks later...

Bill….those are fantastic pics…..glws

Thank you sir.

The fog completely covered the summit area when we started the road up but suddenly dropped as we got to the top.

Bill

Edited by willland

Bill….those are fantastic pics…..glws

Thank you sir.

The fog completely covered the summit area when we started the road up but suddenly dropped as we got t the top.

Bill

Another one of my interest is riding motorcycles. We have ridden around the southeast Tenn. area a few times. I have tried to ride a road called the Skyway a few times but the fog kept us out. It sure is beautiful to look at, but not much fun on a bike! I love the roads in that part of the country, and the people are very friendly.

• 2 weeks later...
Another one of my interest is riding motorcycles. We have ridden around the southeast Tenn. area a few times.

How about the "Tail of the Dragon", Hwy 129 at Deals Gap?

I drove it in a very under powered Toyota Yaris.  Not the funnest vehicle to navigate those 318 turns.

Bill

Another one of my interest is riding motorcycles. We have ridden around the southeast Tenn. area a few times.

How about the "Tail of the Dragon", Hwy 129 at Deals Gap?

I drove it in a very under powered Toyota Yaris.  Not the funnest vehicle to navigate those 318 turns.

Bill

Oh yea….I've ridden the Dragon a few times, spectacular road. Most of it I never got out of 2nd gear, I even have video of one of my passes. I would like to retire in that area!

On ‎1‎/‎16‎/‎2015 at 9:56 AM, Ceptorman said:
Oh yea….I've ridden the Dragon a few times, spectacular road. Most of it I never got out of 2nd gear, I even have video of one of my passes. I would like to retire in that area!

I have been wanting to live in the mountains of E. Tenn or W. NC since I was a kid.

Our "plan" is to move to the Asheville, NC area within two years. 

Bill

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...