Price Drop: Denon DCD-3520---SOLD

willland

• 2 weeks later...

I was the one who ended up purchasing the Denon DCD-3520 from Willand, so I wanted to give a quick review of the sale.  Throughout the process, I found Willand to be honest and straightforward.  We communicated well as he was helpful with any questions or concerns I might have.  I didn’t feel rushed or pressured.  In fact, we did get a chance to have an interesting discussion above and beyond audio equipment.

After making the payment, I felt confident that I would be getting exactly what he said—a CD player that worked perfectly (never skipped or rejected CDs), had been recently serviced (belts replaced), and still looked great.  Also included was the original remote control, owner’s manual, and a Denon DCD colored brochure.  FedEx Ground shipping was included in the price.  The interesting, and most memorable, part of this sale/purchase was the shipping of the item as he took extra special care in the packaging of the item before FedEx got a hold of it.  Certain clichés come to mind such as “I could have dropped it from a second-floor window and it wouldn’t get damaged” or, “the FedEx guy could have played basketball with it, and still no damage.”  These are, of course, exaggerations but I remember thinking something like that when I received the item.

The CD player itself was wrapped several times in layers of foam, which was tightly held together with packaging tape.  He said he normally double-boxes items, but he actually “triple-boxed” this rather heavy machine (I think it weighs about 45 pounds; a real tank).  Each box was stuffed with an incredible amount of foam, bubble wrap, and packing material such that there wasn’t a single air pocket in the whole contraption.  When I picked it up, I could tell nothing was sliding or moving around inside.  All in all, there was a good 4-6 inches of cardboard box and/or packing material around every side of the CD player.  I probably should have taken pictures because I’ve never seen anything like it (and I buy quite a bit online).  I asked Willand why he felt the need to do this “more than professional job” when packaging his sold items, and he said, “this is how I would want items shipped to me.”  He then told me that he got the chance to “personally load the package on the FedEx truck” so he could, I imagine, find a good location for it. 

The CD player, even though it traveled several hundred miles, arrived without a dent or scratch.  After looking it over (it was in excellent condition, which I would say was easily an 8 or 9 out of 10), I hooked it up and it sounded superb.  It is now the central piece in my “music only” 2.1 system in my second bedroom. 

Many thanks, Willand.  It was great working with you.  I wouldn’t hesitate to purchase something from you again in the future.  I would highly recommend any one else to do the same.
  • Like 1