Chicago area forum members

Lemon string

We just got back to the hotel. My list of names to thank is to all. Most of all thank you to Lemon string!

That was a great day. I believe there are still demos going on now. I cant wait to spend time on the klipsch forum describing some bucket list gear I got to hear throughout the day.

I somehow actually missed some gear that I wanted to hear. Some very impressive swap outs and switch with amps, subs and speakers going fluidly throughout the day/evening...that was a demo day I dream about. That was awesome! Cheers!!

P.s.if any locals havnt been to kiss the sky wow you gotta. Lp wise gonna be tough to beat. Cd wise was about as good as it gets. reel to reel is pretty darn good as well. All playback new and used was very good.

what a day! great group of guys. and I gotta hand it to you lemon string...you fed and served drinks to us all like champs...and you still have at least 3 40" inch pizzas left lol im still stuffed haha

Cheers! that day was awesome! could not ask for nothing more!

• Like 2

We just got back to the hotel. My list of names to thank is to all. Most of all thank you to Lemon string!

That was a great day. I believe there are still demos going on now. I cant wait to spend time on the klipsch forum describing some bucket list gear I got to hear throughout the day.

I somehow actually missed some gear that I wanted to hear. Some very impressive swap outs and switch with amps, subs and speakers going fluidly throughout the day/evening...that was a demo day I dream about. That was awesome! Cheers!!

P.s.if any locals havnt been to kiss the sky wow you gotta. Lp wise gonna be tough to beat. Cd wise was about as good as it gets. reel to reel is pretty darn good as well. All playback new and used was very good.

what a day! great group of guys. and I gotta hand it to you lemon string...you fed and served drinks to us all like champs...and you still have at least 3 40" inch pizzas left lol im still stuffed haha

Cheers! that day was awesome! could not ask for nothing more!

Indeed!!!

Thanks to everyone that showed up! Really cool group of guys for sure, honestly couldn't have been a nicer group.

Jimjimbo brought out the ampandsound stereo 15 and the super Hersey's both ROCKED and sounded so sweet. We played a variety of material through them and everything was right on.

Jason str brought the table tuba and frankly Im pretty sure everyone wanted to leave with it. It just completes the sound. The cornwalls and the heresys sound great on there own but the table tuba just took em to 11 if you know what Im saying.

Mark brought a, Yamaha stereo amp that just sang with great clarity and precision, as well as some killer source material.

Opusk2k9 came and shared what was my favorite piece of the night http://digg.com/video/this-singers-voice-is-giving-us-chills check it out and play it loud. 

Derrick brought his Yaquin amp and I'm sorry to say we didn't get it wired up before he had to hit the road, so a next time is inevitable. 

Jimjimbo got some pics so Im sure they'll show up at some point in these parts.

My ears are satiated and my bellies full so I'm going to hit it. 

Nicely done Gents and I'll see you at the next Chicagoland Klipsch gathering hopefully soon.

Good times.

Cheers

Lemonstring

• Like 2

It was a pleasure meeting everyone, and listening to the gear and music.

Special thanks to our Host and his family for having us and rolling out the red carpet.

If not for the economy of living area in my home design, I would gladly host one of these.

Perhaps speakers in the windows, burgers on the grill, kegs in the yard, co-eds dancing on the tables and cars and lots of police...... the good old days......... In Naperville, business is so slow, we would probably get the SWAT team......wonder what the boys party to.....

Seth, again thanks to you and your very nice family.

toga-party-animal-house.jpg

• Like 3

The get together got me thinking about surround with outboard amps, I had purchased some for this purpose;gallery_47220_143_593555.gif but never got around to it. This is the second phase, systems test. I tested the units individually over the last few weeks.

Derick started me thinking about an outboard amp and Brandon sold me the first one of these fine Yamahas.

I think I'll start a new thread in the surround area.

• Like 2

The get together got me thinking about surround with outboard amps, I had purchased some for this purpose;gallery_47220_143_593555.gif but never got around to it. This is the second phase, systems test. I tested the units individually over the last few weeks.

Derick started me thinking about an outboard amp and Brandon sold me the first one of these fine Yamahas.

thats how i ran the adcoms you saw at my house

thats how i ran the adcoms you saw at my house

I'm waiting for the all tube surround experiment, using something like the MCACC function on the Pioneer to equalize for the room and the amp performance. I'm really begining to wonder if 3 very inexpensive 2-5 watt tube amps would do the job in this scenario.

This gathering did seem to open a few senses. I went back to tubes on mains..

About a year ago I ran tubes on all channels except subs. I found it to be an expensive experiment even with economy amps(due to the space they took up and heat they produce I sold and lost about $250, which is not bad although). mains on tubes is what im finding best with subs on solid state, surrounds off whatever your amp or receiver allows. It is all individual taste. There was a 5x about 5watts tube amp on ebay for surround sound claiming to be the first tube amp for surround sound and had a price of about $400 the last I remember...I didn't consider it much...I did run 6&7.1 using 2 yaqin 10L's for front 3 then knight 724's on rear back and surrounds. It was nice just awkward space and heat...and I found unnecessary

You may find it tops...My first tube amp I ran on rear surrounds about 5 years ago.

About a year ago I ran tubes on all channels except subs. I found it to be an expensive experiment even with economy amps(due to the space they took up and heat they produce I sold and lost about $250, which is not bad although). mains on tubes is what im finding best with subs on solid state, surrounds off whatever your amp or receiver allows. It is all individual taste. There was a 5x about 5watts tube amp on ebay for surround sound claiming to be the first tube amp for surround sound and had a price of about $400 the last I remember...I didn't consider it much...I did run 6&7.1 using 2 yaqin 10L's for front 3 then knight 724's on rear back and surrounds. It was nice just awkward space and heat...and I found unnecessary

My plasma puts out enough heat as it is.  I can't imagine 7 channels of tube amplification on top of that.  I'd have to buy a separate air conditioner for my living room alone.

My plasma puts out enough heat as it is.  I can't imagine 7 channels of tube amplification on top of that.  I'd have to buy a separate air conditioner for my living room alone.

Or move the Chicago, tropical by comparisson to Minnisota......