Chicago area forum members

Lemon string

Well, if I had my choice...it would be at Seth's house again, but hey, I'm happy just looking at the stove and island countertop....!

If I'm able to make it, I would certainly bring wine, and I second the Batavia pizza, I thought it was very, very good.  And of course all of the other cheeses and appetizers there were simply outstanding.....

Forgot, if someone has a recently acquired and rebuilt pair of McIntosh MC-30 they want to bring I would love to hear them. Same goes for an old Sansui dual mono block is it 719 or 919???

To alleviate any plumbing problems we should all bring some extra cables and connectors and any odd balls like Y cables that may be needed etc...

I am bringing another clear sounding Yamaha amp, this time an MX-600. I just recapped it and it sounds great.

If we need a 120wpc rms solid state for something, I'll bring it in.

I'll also bring some cables and tools in case we need something.

It sounds like Brandon is bringing his McIntosh MC 30s tube amps and a pre to go with them. The Mac guys consider these the best sounding mac valves.

I'll probably pick up another large bottle of drinkable red wine when I'm on the way. If we are doing pizza again maybe a bottle of zin....

I don't think we heard Derrick's tube the last time, we ran out of time.

I'll bring some content, if Seth's surround amp can downmix to 2.0 the effects are noticeable with Dolby and DTS music soundtracks from live concerts. By far, the best recording of the Police was their reunion tour Certifiable. Brandon may also have a downmix option for us.

3.0, Klipsch's original vision, would also sound stunning with 2 Cornwalls and a Heresy in the middle.

Hmmm, I could lug a couple of 300WRMS 900 Peak subs to the party and see if we could move the house on the foundations, place them behind the cornwalls in both corners.........Maybe if we do a 3.0 Party...... but we would have to do the set up starting a few hours earlier to tune the room and lug the gear in etc....

My home surround system uses a THX surround as a pre, feeding 3 Yamaha Amps that are rated 180WRMS each, but peak much higher, and one of the previously mentioned 300-900 subs. When the soundtrack requires a quick rise, the system slams it with clear, clean and crisp instant power. I need a larger room to use two subs and spread out a little. This is modeled on Derick's work.

If we do get set up to downmix from 5.1 to 2.0, we may want to use this to feed the different gear since Dolby HD and DTS are the best sound available IMHO. The stereo soundtracks for the DVDs and Blue Rays are nothing special IMHO and not worth the bother.

If someone wants to bring one Heresy and a 20 foot speaker cable with banana connectors we could do 3.0 using a surround downmix and Seth's two nelson pass amps. Maybe.........

Edited by Bubo