Chicago area forum members

Lemon string

I'll be at AXPONA again this year. 

Friday is busy but not too bad, Saturday is crazy, and Sunday is usually the quietest day. 

Volti Audio will be in the Dearborn room on the lobby level.  We'll have a set of Vittora speakers, powered by a S20 BorderPatrol amplifier, with a Well Tempered Lab turntable, and all cabling by Triode Pete of Triode Wire Labs. 

Greg

Greg, It was great meeting you and the Vittora speakers sounded great.

One of the guy in the audience said it best after listening to a jazz recording:

"I am a drummer and I know what at drum kit sounds like in Carnegie Hall and THAT is what a drum kit sounds in Carnegie Hall!"

Despite it being a challenging room to setup in, everything sounded great.

It was nice meeting the $200 Belle guy too! 

Glad you liked it.  We made a great sound all weekend and I sold a set of Vittoras there, which doesn't always happen. 

The room was challenging alright.  When I first walked into it I clapped my hands and my heart sunk as I listened to the echo chamber.  We proceeded to hang the show table cloths up all around the room and that killed the echo.  Next problem was the square room and getting two of the Volti Extended Low Frequency cabinets tuned in with the least amount of bass nodes around the room.  Gawd that was awful.  Next problem was we had a slight buzzing in the system, which turned out to be the reostats controlling the lights in the room.  The hotel got us some lamps to use and we kept the overhead lights off.  We endured the recessed light cans buzzing all weekend, although I don't think anybody really noticed it but us.  A couple of folded up business cards stopped the lights on the wall outside of our room from buzzing.  At least I'll know what to do next year. 

Greg

The room was challenging alright. When I first walked into it I clapped my hands and my heart sunk as I listened to the echo chamber. We proceeded to hang the show table cloths up all around the room and that killed the echo. Next problem was the square room and getting two of the Volti Extended Low Frequency cabinets tuned in with the least amount of bass nodes around the room. Gawd that was awful. Next problem was we had a slight buzzing in the system, which turned out to be the reostats controlling the lights in the room. The hotel got us some lamps to use and we kept the overhead lights off. We endured the recessed light cans buzzing all weekend, although I don't think anybody really noticed it but us. A couple of folded up business cards stopped the lights on the wall outside of our room from buzzing. At least I'll know what to do next year.

Well, you overcame the room issues and the speakers and electronics sounded great.

• 4 months later...

so I probably spoke to soon.... Boy scout campout that I spaced :( 

If it is the case lets look at the following weekend. We're way over due!!

Mark, my amp is a 12w class A Set, so that will be available.

Also, since you guys were here last, I finished my basement which has the RF-82's & RC 62 set up with the RW12. This set up has the Emo UMC-2 and an adcom GFA 2535 powering it. Hoping to wire up the RS 42's and RB-61's soon.

Last week I acquired Fortes for my sons bday. They are set up in the three seasons room with a Sansui AU-555A and a technics TT w/ a Grado black cart. Its a great system, especially for a 16 year old boys first stereo.

Lets make something happen. I'll let you guys know asap. 

Things I can bring to audition:

I have the McIntosh MC240 repaired.

I also have the Cary CAD-808 (Rocket 88):

The Rocket 88 is switchable between functioning in Triode Mode (20 watts Pure Class A output per channel), and Ultra-Linear Pentode Mode (40 watts Class A/B per channel).

I picked up a couple multi-zone Marantz ZS5300 (6x60W) amps, that I like:

http://us.marantz.com/DocumentMaster/US/ZS5300_SPECS.pdf

Edited by opusk2k9

ok so due to work I won't be able to camp with the boy scouts which means we can do a GTG at my pad on sat. I was thinking usual game plan meet at 3ish...... order pizzas at some point. let me know who can make it. Anyone that hasn't been before hit me with a pm with your phone # and email address for further details.

Cheers