Chicago area forum members

Lemon string

I was thinking that I could bring a few "different" items that the folks might be interested in.  My pair of ClaudeJ1 Super Heresy's (or baby Cornwalls as he calls them), a vintage Pioneer SX receiver, and an interesting little Qinpu A6000 MKII tube amp that plays like a big boy....all easy to set up, and fun to listen to.  Just a thought.

I'd love to hear that amp and sound stereo 15 sometime.... I've kept a close eye on what Mr. Weber is up to, great looking stuff with a cool philosophy behind his creations.

• Like 1

I was thinking that I could bring a few "different" items that the folks might be interested in.  My pair of ClaudeJ1 Super Heresy's (or baby Cornwalls as he calls them), a vintage Pioneer SX receiver, and an interesting little Qinpu A6000 MKII tube amp that plays like a big boy....all easy to set up, and fun to listen to.  Just a thought.

Easy set up indeed. Fair warning, though, the "baby Cornwalls" might piss off the stock Cornwall owners when set up right. Superior midrange and treble without sacrificing much bass in a much smaller package. An A/B compare switch would answer a LOT of questions since the efficiency is similar, but the babies will have better TRANSIENTS. Pianos anyone?

Edited by ClaudeJ1
  • Like 1

Hope you're all having a good weekend.

So, I just returned from grabbing some new/used vinyl from the local shop, kiss the sky. I mentioned the get together on the 18th to the owner, as mentioned he's a fellow Klipsch guy.  He gave me that look that you get from those who wear spectacles when they peer over the rims of their glasses, you know the one. He said he'd love to join us. So I'm guessing he'll show up with a couple of ringers.....  should be good. 

I'll shoot out the email with the event details, address, time and so on in the next week or so as the date gets closer.

Lemonstring

Edited by Lemon string
  • Like 1

I could probably grab my HH Scott 222c and attend if I don't have to work.....sounds like fun. I've got a Klipsch bud that isn't on the forum much but may be able to bring one of his tube amps as well. Last I remember he was planning on restoring a Fisher integrated (400c?).

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I would love to demo some Klipsch speakers, especially with tube amps. I've never heard any of the Heritage line, the only Klipsch speaker I've heard is a pair of P38s, and they're powered by a 8 year old Yamaha AVR, so they're not pushed at all.

I am a total newb about audio, and some of what I've read on here seems to be in a foreign language. I am very interested in learning though. 

If it's okay, maybe I'll make the drive a couple hours north and check out some of your sound systems. I'll try n to to bore you pros with a lot of silly questions!

The Heritage speakers definitely have a different sound, since it's the one I've been listeing to for more than 30 years, it's the one I prefer. May be just a matter of expectations.

The EL 34s designed for audio are supposed to have their own signature, I will be interested to listen to the amp.

Female singer with a piano or orchestra is best for me when evaluating systems. Ronstadt Skylark is a good tune, though not the only one for the purpose.

Noemie Wolfs (Hooverphonic) early moring Promo tour in the Netherlands

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2Bs09twUmg&list=PLgugWBANrQyU39SWyIM6sCIJWo-A3GBlD&index=6

Edited by Bubo