FS ALK Universal Xover

jcmusic

Yes. These use the older method where the jumpers are soldered to each tap (instead of two jumpers).

These also have the 2.2uF Hovland film and foil Musicaps in the high pass (that's about $140.00 just for those).

Nice solid air cores for the low pass (around $70.00).

I would replace the two Solen/Crescendo combinations with some ClarityCap ESAs.

If things weren't so tight right now I would buy these myself.

Btw, if you add tweeter attenuators, you can run these in Cornwalls and CornScalas.

Edited by DeanG

I'll take these! PM sent.

You're going to like them.  I would have tried to talk my brother into getting them but he's stuck trying to get out of Mexico after the hurricane hit Cabo San Lucas where he was staying.  Timing is everything.

ALK's made a big improvement in my `79 Klipschorns so I figure they'll spruce up the La Scala splits.  They're currently a bit "dull" sounding so either the capacitors have aged out or I just don't like the intrinsic sound of a Klipsch ALs network.  My guess is that since splits were designed for Pro/PA usage the networks are more about protection from kilowatt amps (& deaf sound board techs) than refinement.

I hope your brother gets out of Mexico OK, they have a big mess down there.