Samsung plasma PN64F5300 vs PN60F5300 vs PN60F8500

psg

I tried spears and munsil disk it made some things better and others worse. My parents had their lg calibrated and its picture smokes the Samsung 7100 series, so I'm a firm believer is the BB calibration, I will have my 8500 calibrated once I get more hours on it.

Edited by sully141

Well, I went to the store.  They had the 60F5300 in one room connected to a cable provider and a smaller 51F8500 in another room connected to Bell Satellite, making it hard to compare.  All their sets are out of the box and not calibrated (not likely not using a movie mode).  Both images looked good to me, with good blacks, so I am not really much closer to deciding.  I did like the brushed metal finish of the F8500.

The 8500 is the brightest plasma made at this time and the lower models are not that bright. If your use to led or LCD then the 8500 is the best bet, I had a LCD and it took a month to get used to the 8500. I almost returned it but then I realized my screen was bad and had it replaced.

• 2 weeks later...