Jubilee Passive Crossovers

mikebse2a3

This is the Conjugate Circuits that can be added to the Input of the first passive crossover design for impedance compensation if desired.

The plot is the Input Impedance of the System after adding these circuits to the original first passive crossover.

Note: The benefits of adding this circuit to the original first passive crossover design is a smoother and more accurate frequency response when the loudspeaker system is driven by low damping factor amplifiers (such as single ended tube amplifiers) but for other amplifiers with higher damping factors there will probably be very little if any benefit to adding this modification to the first passive design by Roy.  

post-12368-0-67280000-1411189077_thumb.j

post-12368-0-63320000-1411189131_thumb.j

Edited by mikebse2a3

This is the second passive design by Roy for the KPT-KHJ-LF with K402/K69-A HF v2 version

Impedance Plot will be added if I can locate it.

Roy said this design makes the frequency response smoother and boost the top end up a bit to give a closer match to the active settings.

post-12368-0-57240000-1411189364_thumb.j

Edited by mikebse2a3

This is Roy's Passive Design for the KPT-KHJ-LF with K402/TAD TD4002 and the System Impedance Plot

Note this design has conjugate circuits included for frequency and impedance compensation. If impedance is determined to dip to low in the 100hz to 150hz region for some amplifiers a conjugate that affects that region can be removed if desired to lessen the dip in impedance.

post-12368-0-01760000-1411193913_thumb.j

post-12368-0-56800000-1411193959_thumb.j

Edited by mikebse2a3

• 5 years later...

I have a honest maybe stupid?   

Why not take the  KPT-KHJ-LF with K402/Whatever the top driver is now, and clip off the tweeter run off make sure the mid can also take or deliver the tweeter function in the 402 and sell this as a passive alternative with Roy’s magic I the network?    

It seems to me there is already a network in place and we are re inventing the wheel here