FS: Marantz DR-17 CD Player/Recorder

Rick

Here is my Marantz DR-17 CD player/recorder. It is from Marantz' Reference Series, and was made in Japan in June 2000. I picked it up from my friends at Audio Classics several months ago. It was my everyday player until I recently picked up a Teac CD-1000 CD/SACD player. It performed flawlessly during that time. All functions work, including the record feature (it will only record on blank CD Audio discs, NOT CD Data discs). It also plays HDCDs. It is a very well built unit as you would expect from a Marantz Reference Series component, weighing in at 17.4 lbs and has thick aluminum front/side panels, and corners. The unit is in excellent condition, with just a few minor scratches on the top panel. It sounds very good through its analog outs, but would also make a very nice transport, with a bonus of being able to make recordings as well.

I did not get the original remote,manual, or box with it when I purchased it. However, I purchased a Sony remote that controls the play functions, as well as record. You cannot finalize a disc from the remote though, and must do it from the front panel. I could not find a downloadable manual for it online, but after some research I found out that it had a Philips cousin that is identical operationally, so I downloaded and printed out that one. It will be packed well for shipping, as all my items are. 

Included in the sale will be the Marantz, power cord, Sony remote, printed Philips manual, a spool of blank Sony audio CD's with 23 discs remaining, and a Memorex CD-RW disc.

Here's a link to the last one that sold on Audiogon for $350:

http://app.audiogon.com/listings/marantz-dr-17-cd-recorder-orig-1200-00-records-and

And another that just sold a couple of weeks ago on Ebay for $475.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-HIGH-END-Marantz-DR-17-CD-Player-Recorder-in-Original-Box-AUDIOPHILE-/261585397915?pt=US_CD_Players_Recorders&hash=item3ce7b4689b

My asking price is $275 plus shipping.

Thanks for looking!!

Marantz005_zps3ceb57ae.jpg?t=1411270447

Marantz007_zps0c011963.jpg?t=1411270604

Marantz011_zpsb7c99afc.jpg?t=1411270744

Marantz021_zps68e341f8.jpg?t=1411270880

Marantz023_zps3713d175.jpg?t=1411271185

Marantz024_zps86ad0ecd.jpg?t=1411271296

Marantz027_zps82bd7d81.jpg?t=1411272440

Edited by Rick
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

All set Rick, let's just go over the details and make it happen. As previously mentioned, email and/or phone would be great to keep it simple. Let me know once you have the shipping figured out with the address I gave you.

Thanks,

Joe (Joefg)

Josephjfg@aol.com