A few new Reference subs for your booty

Chad

From the link Chad provided:

The R-115SW subwoofer is the perfect combination of power, sophisticated and heart-pounding bass. Packing a seriously punch, the R-115SW will not only wake your neighbors, it'll piss them off. The way only Klipsch can. (bolding mine)

Klipsch didn't insert the vulgarity thoughtlessly, and I'm sure they have deliberate reasons for using that exact phrase.  I'll speak for myself, I don't like it; I find it tasteless.  It's 1970's thinking.  In fact, it's 1970's thinking that didn't work even in the 1970's. 

I already have a Klipsch sub, but with that kind of advertising it doesn't make me feel like I want to buy another.  I'm just not the kind of person who has such anger, that I want to buy a product just to piss off another human being.

• Like 8

The R-115SW subwoofer is the perfect combination of power, sophisticated and heart-pounding bass. Packing a seriously punch, the R-115SW will not only wake your neighbors, it'll piss them off. The way only Klipsch can. (bolding mine)

Klipsch didn't insert the vulgarity thoughtlessly, and I'm sure they have deliberate reasons for using that exact phrase.  I'll speak for myself, I don't like it; I find it tasteless.  It's 1970's thinking.  In fact, it's 1970's thinking that didn't work even in the 1970's. 

I already have a Klipsch sub, but with that kind of advertising it doesn't make me feel like I want to buy another.  I'm just not the kind of person who has such anger, that I want to buy a product just to piss off another human being.

Agreed. Not a fan of that. No idea why I would want to piss off my neighbors.
  • Like 2

Guest Steven1963

something is in the works

I have the RSW-15.  If Klipsch is working on a replacement for that is there a place I can pre-order?  :)  I love that sub but it's a bit long in the tooth electronics-wise and I'd rather put monies into a new sub than fixing an old one.

• Like 2

I have to say unfortunately...

Another write up from somebody that has only read about klipsch...not hearing the item for themselves. Have a tech create the write up. The write up does sound very immature and not linked to knowledge of the product whatsoever. A desk employee

Regardless I do believe Chad has done a very good job informing the forum.

• Like 2