A few new Reference subs for your booty

Chad

It's not so much that I'm a tough person to please (actually I can be), but there's just nothing in this package that would make me want to pick a new Klipsch Reference Sub over the Polk Pro's I already have.  I certainly wouldn't drop the money that is being asked for them either.  However, I will say that they appear to be in a step in the right direction away from the SW line, I just hope they continue to improve on this and make something comparable to what they used to.

• Like 1

Yeah, no thanks...I'll stick with my Polks.  Have not been a fan of the Reference subs since the RSW series.

Interesting!! Which Polk subs are you using that you feel would better the Klipsch offerings?

I'm using a DSWPRO660 right now that provides bass that better integrates with my RF-3 II towers than any of the recent Klipsch subs.  I have a 440 also that's running along side a Jamo system that also compliments them quite well.  After about '06 or '07 - I haven't heard a Klipsch sub that I've liked. 

• Like 1

Better integrate with your RF-3's? How could you possibly know that? I have had that mediocre Polk sub and many others. I would bet that the new 10, 12 and 15 Klipsch would beat it in every single test.

That Polk competes with the BIC F-12...

Edited by K5SS
  • Like 1

Better integrate with your RF-3's? How could you possibly know that? I have had that mediocre Polk sub and many others. I would bet that the new 10, 12 and 15 Klipsch would beat it in every single test.

I have tested other Klipsch subs against it.  So yes, I do know that to me it sounds better and have found no reason to call it mediocre by any means.

Polk DSWPRO660 not exactly a headline grabbing comparison...

I wasn't aware I was supposed to give you a headline grabbing comparison - I was under the impression I was going to give you the model of the sub I personal find suits my ears better.

But whatever you guys say.  I'd like to think that I know what sounds best to me between the two more than someone who isn't me, who doesn't know my room specs, and who hasn't heard the same that I've heard.  I still stand by what I say in that I don't think (I said think, yes) that there's much here that I don't already have - and that I don't like what I've heard from Klipsch subs from the RSW line to now.  I don't hate Klipsch for it, I just don't like what the subs sound like - I didn't know I was overstepping some huge line of logic.

Edited by IbizaFlame
  • Like 2

I have tested other Klipsch subs against it.  So yes, I do know that to me it sounds better and have found no reason to call it mediocre by any means.

I wasn't aware I was supposed to give you a headline grabbing comparison - I was under the impression I was going to give you the model of the sub I personal find suits my ears better.

My apologies...http://www.phonak.com/ca/b2c/en/products/hearing_instruments.html....... :D Edited by oldenough
  • Like 2

Ignorance is bliss, especially when it comes to home theater subwoofers. Unless you are forced down the rabbit hole, I would avoid it.

Not trying to discredit you in any way, you just seem to like the equipment you already own (many of us do). It's just not fair to compare a $200 Polk sub that has been out for a few years to a new $899 Klipsch model that only a handful of people have actually heard.

I am still confused about your integrate comment though..

• Like 3

Ignorance is bliss, especially when it comes to home theater subwoofers. Unless you are forced down the rabbit hole, I would avoid it.

...what?

It's just not fair to compare a $200 Polk sub that has been out for a few years to a new $899 Klipsch model that only a handful of people have actually heard.

Where have you found that sub for $200?

I'm basing my opinion based on the fact that I haven't enjoyed any of the models up to now, and the specs of these new subwoofers don't seem to be much different.  Hence why...I said I'd pass.  It's not that I don't think they're bad subs for some people, but why would I drop another $900 to replace a Polk that's doing better than any of their previous models have done for me when nothing seems to have changed?  That doesn't make any sense.

I appreciate that I may be wrong, but I don't understand why it's so flabbergasting that I have the opinion that I have.

I am still confused about your integrate comment though..

They sound better, there's no gaps in response.  The towers compliment the highs and mids very nicely and the sub handles the lows seamlessly.  It doesn't sound like the sub is overstepping anything, it just flat out sounds clean - it's something I didn't get with any of the Klipsch subs I've tried.

Edited by IbizaFlame
  • Like 1

"It's just not fair to compare a $200 Polk sub that has been out for a few years to a new $899 Klipsch model that only a handful of people have actually heard."

Well to be fair the lowest price on that sub was $279...

Edited by oldenough
  • Like 1

My bad..

Back on track!

I am ready for the RT-15D! Money in hand, or should I say, money in PayPal's hands.

I bet Klipsch would bring back the RSW-15(d)II before they even consider another RT sub.  I guess the Palladium 312 sub is kind of a fancy RT-12d though.

Bill

• Like 2

If memory serves my correctly, the RSW-15 was around $1.5K. That would probably put the RSW-12 around $1.2k and the RSW-10 around $1k MSRP. I am sure someone will step in and correct me. Both of the RSW subs that I have owned have been bargains I picked up off CL. 

• Like 1