A few new Reference subs for your booty

Chad

Loving mine! The are tooooooo much bass with my Khorns when listening to music. Perfect with movies. Turned down to 4 on the subs and 0 on my receiver. I'm actually nervous they are going to rattle things loose in my house. My SW-115's were at 8.5-9 on the subs and plus 5 in my receiver. BIG difference!

Heck!  If these were available in veneer I'd get a pair :emotion-21:

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

Is there some magic I don't know of that makes the good?

No magic.  Just the advancement in subwoofer technology and materials that I referred to in your other thread.

If it's easier to conceptualize, just think of automotive advancements from the time that your KSW-12 was built to current day.

I have a KSW-15 and the difference between it and the RSW-15 is staggering! That said, I'm still not convinced the R-115SW is comparable/better than the latter, but would be interested to hear someone who has heard both.

Edited by tkdamerica

Let me know when they build a Subwoofer worthy of being an equal or heir to the RSW-15. So far, to the rest of the AV world, that is the ultimate Klipsch Subwoofer.

And that is why the prices on it remain high. w

• Like 1

Let me know when they build a Subwoofer worthy of being an equal or heir to the RSW-15. So far, to the rest of the AV world, that is the ultimate Klipsch Subwoofer.

And that is why the prices on it remain high. w

I'm with you. but have seen you can order one of these online and delivered to your door for the same price a used RSW-15 sells for and have a 2 year warranty. I also posted the only review I've found comparing the two subs to try and get some feedback and still haven't seen anyone comment so I thought I would resurrect one of these threads.

I very much do like the looks(only photos so far) of the new R-115SW subs and I bet that they do perform well at their price point.  Unless I just wanted to match perfectly with my other Reference Premiere speakers or Reference III and later speakers, I would choose the RSW-15 first for the same cost.

Bill

I very much do like the looks(only photos so far) of the new R-115SW subs and I bet that they do perform well at their price point.  Unless I just wanted to match perfectly with my other Reference Premiere speakers or Reference III and later speakers, I would choose the RSW-15 first for the same cost.

Bill

That was my initial thought, but then came to the realization that they no longer make the amps and these badboys (and their amp/preamp) are over a decade old. I have seen posted a link to an ebay website that fixes them but given the complication of taking it apart, sending it in and then putting it back together makes me want to ask about these new subs again.

Thank god both my RSW-12 and 15 are sounding great, but I don't look forward to the time one stops working...That said, for $600 along with some internet confirmation on what was posted by a Klipsch employee could make me change my mind of going ID when I have the demise of one.

Edited by tkdamerica

That was my initial thought, but then came to the realization that they no longer make the amps and these badboys (and their amp/preamp) are over a decade old.
Thank god both my RSW-12 and 15 are sounding great, but I don't look forward to the time one stops working.

Yeah, I hear you.  My Revel B15 is around 13 years old and still rocking it out.  For $3300.00 msrp it better be. :angry:  :D   I don't look forward to the day of replacing the amp on that bad boy.

From the looks of the driver, it should last quite a bit longer.

Revel B15 Cherry Front Painted 003.jpg 

Bill

• 2 weeks later...

We just made them available on our site:

R-110SW: http://www.klipsch.com/R-110SW

R-112SW: http://www.klipsch.com/R-112SW

R-115SW: http://www.klipsch.com/R-115SW

I know some of you have seen "leaks" elsewhere, but we are very happy to announce these models!

They look great, the 112 looks just like the upgrade ticket I need.

Kudos