Texas Blues Suggestions?

dbomberger

Thanks to everyone for their suggestions and observations.  I've printed these for a cold weekend day in the not too distant future and for the regional record convention here next weekend. I have rarely been to an event as crowded as these and people come from about a 500 mile radius. This list will make for some great prospecting.

• Like 1

Lots of good suggestions in this thread. If ya want to have some "historical" fun, get some old Hank Williams, Sr. compilations with songs like "Moanin' the Blues." I did and even learned to play a few of them. Not Texas stuff but Hank probably influenced everyone who followed. He crossed genres with blues, honky tonk, country, etc.

• Like 2

After seeing Doyle on Crossroads I would have to say he is the most creative of the whole bunch. Anybody who could put sawing a tree down to music is dam good. Love Marcia Ball.

JJK

My cousin does the sound of a hand saw cutting a tree in one of his songs.  But 

Bobbie will never be famous, still fun to  listen to.