All you Pink Floyd fans . . .

mustang guy

There is a new album releasing Nov 11 called "The Endless River". You can check it out here:

http://www.pinkfloyd.com/theendlessriver/

I am buying the Deluxe CD/BluRay for $31.99. BluRay is 5.1 Dolby Digital and DTS - 96kHz/24bit

_If_ ... I like what I hear, I will also buy the vinyl for $39.99. 

• Like 3

I think it's all unreleased material recorded during the Division Bell sessions. Which is a good album, but if you didn't like that album, you probably won't like this one too much.

Yes, yes. They're been steering into  this "new age" sound format which isn't bad, but its not the Floyd I grew up with.  

hard to buy with no roger waters. his political views sicken me, but, oh well.

my sentiments exactly ... i've seen Roger twice in concert and thankfully, he didn't speak other than to introduce a song. He did have the flying pig with political messages written on it. 

I think there are Roger Floyd fans and Gilmour Floyd fans ... while i like them both, i think Roger has the greater talent.  When i saw Roger, he had a great guitar player named Snowy White with him.  I caused a real furor on this forum when i said that Snowy can play the guitar as good as David Gilmour.  I'm not at all slamming Gilmour; but,  I still think that true today.

Edited by BigStewMan

• 2 weeks later...

Yea love the Floyd.

Saw Waters many years ago. Never saw the Floyd.

There is a Pink Floyd cover band, Several Species. They are fantastic. They do a lot of East Coast shows. They are out of Baltimore.

I've seen their show... It is well worth the price of admission....

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Heard "Louder than Words" on the radio yesterday. I love Floyd but the song is kind of boring.

The Division Bell started that way for me also, but grew on me. I love both Floyd's but think Gilmore doesn't get the accolades he deserves. Listen to the older stuff and he's singing on a lot of it. The whole thing with Waters totally turned me off to him personally. I saw them in Yankee Stadium and was just in awe. 7th row floor seats mid stage. You could feel the heat from the lights and the laser show was just out of this world.Gilmore has always been one of my favorite guitarists and I definitely look forward to hopefully getting concert tix again if/when they tour. I do however think this new cd won't be as good as the past ones as they didn't make the cut then, why are they making the cut now? I know they added new stuff in with the older stuff to finish some of the work, but I am hoping it turns out to be another Division Bell.

hard to buy with no roger waters. his political views sicken me, but, oh well.

my sentiments exactly ... i've seen Roger twice in concert and thankfully, he didn't speak other than to introduce a song. He did have the flying pig with political messages written on it. 

I think there are Roger Floyd fans and Gilmour Floyd fans ... while i like them both, i think Roger has the greater talent.  When i saw Roger, he had a great guitar player named Snowy White with him.  I caused a real furor on this forum when i said that Snowy can play the guitar as good as David Gilmour.  I'm not at all slamming Gilmour; but,  I still think that true today.

yea, saw the pig also. and pics projected of Hussein and bush as if to compare them. snowy is good. he also played with thin lizzy before phil died.