All you Pink Floyd fans . . .

mustang guy

a most informative thread  :mellow2:

Thanks for your input...

Gordon-Ramsay.gif

I smoked weed twice. I ended my reckless bachelor years with a DWI arrest measuring at .204 BAC. the phrase "this can't be good" is mentioned as having been uttered by me as I opened my truck door in three separate police reports regarding the event. ;)

There is not enough room here on this forum to report my past indiscretions, Thank goodness....

• Like 1

I ended my reckless bachelor years with a DWI arrest measuring at .204 BAC. the phrase "this can't be good" is mentioned as having been uttered by me as I opened my truck door in three separate police reports regarding the event

Did you wake up strapped to a bed in the hospital?

cold hard aluminum bench with about 15 fellow cell mates.

Mine was .151 and I wasn't a baholer, whew that was close.

stop that! 

There is not enough room here on this forum to report my past indiscretions,

If there is enough room for all the photos in RTM, there is enough room my friend.

But PLEASE no photos of your indiscretions.

None available.... all properly disposed of..... lol....

• Like 2

I must say, when I was a younger lad.  I didn't care for the instrumentals, along with the women screaming on Dark side of the Moon.  Now I love it, maybe that is why I am digging this album.

That woman is Claire Torry--she was a session musician and worked with the likes of Alan Parsons and Meatloaf (and many others).  Whilst i like the screaming parts, she did sue Pink Floyd claiming to be a contributor to their song The Great Gig in the Sky.

I must say, when I was a younger lad.  I didn't care for the instrumentals, along with the women screaming on Dark side of the Moon.  Now I love it, maybe that is why I am digging this album.

That woman is Claire Torry--she was a session musician and worked with the likes of Alan Parsons and Meatloaf (and many others).  Whilst i like the screaming parts, she did sue Pink Floyd claiming to be a contributor to their song The Great Gig in the Sky.

and I believe that she won the suit and claimed some money...

Oh, I like it, I just think that it is not as good as their other stuff.  it will definately make its way into the rotation often and it is worth buying if anyone is on the fence. 

• Like 1

Dark Side is the same way, I never reach for it, but if I do play it, I enjoy it.  FWIW, I am listening to Animals right now.  Different league than the Endless river.  Went through Meddle and a few other last night, but no DOSOTM (even though it really is a masterpiece). 

That's the thing about them, every album is different except this last one. Animals always seemed more raw to me and dark, where as DSOTM was more chill out music,same as Wish You Were Here. I actually thought the Final Cut was a pretty good album also. Not Now John was one of my favorites from them for awhile.

I smoked weed twice. I ended my reckless bachelor years with a DWI arrest measuring at .204 BAC. the phrase "this can't be good" is mentioned as having been uttered by me as I opened my truck door in three separate police reports regarding the event.
Thank God that you took serious that tough lesson.  I know this is a sensitive topic for some; but, i laugh at myself on this issue. I guess because I’m alive and, truly by the grace of God, avoided the Gray Bar Hotel. My mom was killed by a drunk driver on a Thanksgiving Night (yes, i was there as an eight year old to see it) and the injuries from the accident contributed to my Dad’s death five months later. Have friends that some died, some went to jail, some ruined careers, some ended college education. I have seen the devastating effect that drugs and alcohol can have on  people and families and if i don’t laugh at myself--I’ll go nuts; so I hope that poking fun at myself hasn’t brought up painful memories for anyone. If it has, i truly apologize. The sad part is that I’d probably do it again … because i’m stupid enough to believe that i could do stupid stuff smarter the next time.
  • Like 2

I've always said Gilmour can make the guitar sound as if it were mad, or crying to me. That's how much I like his playing and the instrumentals from them.Always have liked instrumentals and solos.

• Like 4

So what do you think about The Wall? If you can call that a Pink Floyd work … I know Roger thinks it is all his (and most of it is) but, i heard David Gilmour say that he came up with some of the music.

There are several tracks that I like -- and some that i don’t.  Not sure if it makes my Top Five of Floyd LPs; but, probably. Their earlier work was vastly different … San Tropez from Meddle (which i like) and Bike from Piper at the Gates of Dawn, and the song Cymbaline probably wouldn’t be recognized as Floyd songs by the novice listener.

I have seen the devastating effect that drugs and alcohol can have on  people and families and if i don’t laugh at myself--I’ll go nuts; so I hope that poking fun at myself hasn’t brought up.

I too have seen what they can do and was the recipient of many a beating due to my parents drug/alcohol use. I was almost killed by my father as an infant, and watched many people overdose on Heroin in my house due to both parents. They are both dead due to AIDS from sharing needles and "free love".  

I have always made fun of myself as being white trash, but at the same time,could never stand druggies or alcoholics. Not that they do/did them, but that they used it as a crutch for life. Anyone who has done it and cleaned up always has had my respect, but the ones who didn't or always said they were clean for x- amount of months/years and relapsed never did. It has always been my opinion when you are ready to quit something you will quit. Sorry to go off the subject,just want to say to the ones who did fix their mistake, good for you,and good for you to be able to look back and laugh at the situation. Kudos to you.

So what do you think about The Wall? If you can call that a Pink Floyd work … I know Roger thinks it is all his (and most of it is) but, i heard David Gilmour say that he came up with some of the music.

There are several tracks that I like -- and some that i don’t.  Not sure if it makes my Top Five of Floyd LPs; but, probably. Their earlier work was vastly different … San Tropez from Meddle (which i like) and Bike from Piper at the Gates of Dawn, and the song Cymbaline probably wouldn’t be recognized as Floyd songs by the novice listener.

The Wall was very good in my opinion, and even in the credits on the writing and music, they were all involved. All 4 were very much involved with it, but it was Waters who crammed everything down their throats. Sorta like Axl Rose did with GNR.