GO GIANTS!

BigStewMan

I am not a fan of either club so first I offer my congrats to SF. Now I need to say that the announcers need to get a room so they can show their man love to Bumgarner. That got really old. At times I almost turned it off and went to bed due to the gushing over him.

I'm afraid that Bum on short rest might prove he is human tonight. Just now coming in the game on his usual side day. 

EDIT: Bumgarner is unconscious on the mound tonight. Nobody can touch this guy! Lowest ERA of all time in the WS! 

4 starts + 3 in relief hasn't been done for over a 100 years!

Historic performance!  And no save for him in game 7, he got the win in relief, for 3-0 in the World Series.

It was a great game to watch.

Sounds like they better save room for wvu80! and the other 2 giants fans around here. jk..congrats

​have to say that the KC Royals have class … the fountain in the outfield that normally has blue water, was changed to orange water after the game.  They didn’t have to do that. I also noticed the jumbotron saying San Francisco Giants World Champions … long after the game ended.

Edited by BigStewMan

• 5 months later...

In that neck of the woods I like the A's.  Reggie Jackson, Catfish Hunter, and all the rest from those incredible 70's teams provide a legacy even to me the recent Giants teams just can't match.

I grew up an A’s fan actually.  Remember playing youth ball with my Green Reggie Jackson bat that i got on Bat Day at an A’s game.  Decided in 1989 that i was actually a Giants fan--that’s when they met in the world series.  My Pops was a Giants fan--both him and Mom died five months apart  right after I turned eight years old.  One of the very few memories i have of my Dad is being in our backyard, he’s drinking a Coke and listening to the Giants game on the radio.  Something about that day stuck with me and came to life in 1989 when i had to choose between the A’s and the Giants.  I guess it helped that Charlie O had long ago dismantled that Oakland dynasty of 72-73-74.

• Moderators

In that neck of the woods I like the A's.  Reggie Jackson, Catfish Hunter, and all the rest from those incredible 70's teams provide a legacy even to me the recent Giants teams just can't match.

+1 Grew up on the A's. Was there for Game 3 in '89. But I also went to a lot of games at the Stick. Saw 4 future Hall if Fame players play there (24, 27, 36 and 44) but they were real heart breakers, always a bridesmaid, never the bride.

• 3 weeks later...

Raleigh Fingers, Vida Blue

Those were great teams

• Like 1