SOLD: RB61s, Black in Great Condition

Rhetor

Up for sale is a pair of black RB-61s (not IIs) in outstanding condition, with original boxes.

The RB61s were only used for a short while as rears in a 7.1 Reference setup. Boxed them up and put them in a corner 2 1/2 years ago when I moved to an all Heritage setup.

After pics, I put the speakers back into the original shipping box ready sell. (I did not want too . . . was saving them for a special occasion. Wife said, "But you do not have any other Reference speakers. And, if you ever want to buy another Heresy, the RB-61s have to move out!"

There is a small hairline surface scuff (not through the vinyl) I tried to capture in a pic with flash on. The flash magnifies it in the fuzzy picture below. I just did not want anyone to buy them and say . . . "Hey, I see a tiny hairline scuff (not through the vinyl) on the top of the speaker when I shine a 3000 watt Halogen light on it!" Yes, I could have put some black marker, or shoe polish, or some other trick on there to cover it up. I figure that the new owner, if bothered at all, could elect to do that. Again, I never saw it until I took a pic of the top with a flash and then looked at the fuzzy magnified pic.

Believe me, with little previous use, perfect corners, perfect cones, and excellent cosmetics (grills excellent too), you will not be disappointed.

$250 cash for forum members; local pickup in south metro Atlanta, GA

or

$250 plus shipping . . . they are in their original boxes and ready to go.

post-29101-0-69600000-1412438263_thumb.j

post-29101-0-59240000-1412438279_thumb.j

post-29101-0-59960000-1412438294_thumb.j

post-29101-0-40080000-1412438311_thumb.j

post-29101-0-95240000-1412438327_thumb.j

post-29101-0-26120000-1412438369_thumb.j

Edited by Rhetor

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If these babies would fit on my computer desk, they would already be mine.

I can't believe they are still around.

Good luck with your sale.

Bill

Thanks, Bill . . . I am a little surprised to. Was figuring someone would need a pair. If not, I guess I will give them to a family member for Christmas.

I've got a pair of these in my bedroom. Would love to make it a 4.0 system if the WAF was there.

That was my initial plan, to put these in the bedroom . . . but the lovely wife nixed that . . . In her words, "The TV in there alone is already too much distraction!"

O.K. here's a plan then....

My wife has a hard time getting to sleep sometimes because "work" keeps running through her brain. So, a long time ago I got her hooked on the very mellow music of George Winston. I'd play his music from another system but ran the "B" speaker into the bedroom. After about a year of doing that I got a nice receiver and CD changer off CL with and stuck it all in the bedroom. Maybe playing that kind of music would "soothe the savage beast".

O.K. here's a plan then....

My wife has a hard time getting to sleep sometimes because "work" keeps running through her brain. So, a long time ago I got her hooked on the very mellow music of George Winston. I'd play his music from another system but ran the "B" speaker into the bedroom. After about a year of doing that I got a nice receiver and CD changer off CL with and stuck it all in the bedroom. Maybe playing that kind of music would "soothe the savage beast".

Sneaky, but funny!

I have had some one who asked about estimated shipping. I have never shipped a pair of bookshelf speakers before.

What is the best way to ship these beauties?

And what is the best way to get an estimate for a buyer?

Edited by Rhetor

• 2 weeks later...