AL-3 Crossover Networks

Michael57

Hi Everyone, I am new to the Klipsch Community and have read several interesting topics on here.. I just bought a pair of Klipsch AL-3's that have been recapped to replace my original untouched Al networks in my La Scalas I had since 1986. I am the second owner. The AL-3's sound fantastic made the old La Scalas come to life again. Even better than when I bought the speakers  in 86.  My question is about the red jumper wires on the terminal block to the small terminal beside of the other . I saw on this site a schematic for the AL-3 by klipsch and had a footnote about the red jumper wires having to do with bi-amping . Does anyone know anything about this and could explain? What I am trying to find out does removing the red jumper wires separate the the woofer from the tweeter and mid  horns . 

Oh, and to explain, bi-amping means you connect a different amplifier to your woofer than you do to your squaker and tweeter. You would typically be using something like an electronic crossover between your source and your amp(s) so you are modifying the low voltage signal.