La Scalas for sale - Ithaca, NY

cyclope

I moved to a new place and my La Scalas won't fit in the living room. These speakers look and sound great and are in overall excellent condition. I am sad to part with them, but I had to get something smaller.

Serial numbers:

LSBR 24U538

LSBR 25U374

Both speakers are from the same year (1980) and have the original AL crossovers, horns, etc. all unmolested. They come with a newer pair of Bob Crites crossovers that you can hook up without removing the original ALs. These speakers sound and look sweet. The dark stain is awesome.

I am asking $1200 - I may consider lower offers depending on how long these take to sell.

UPDATE: I added pics of the serial numbers. The "BR" suggests these were originally Raw Birch, and were finished after purchase. The dark stain looks great though, in my opinion. Very pro job. If anyone want any more specific photos let me know.

Bob: 919-451-5420 or banjobobby at gmail dot com

post-59071-0-94860000-1412861917_thumb.j

post-59071-0-41180000-1412864885_thumb.j

post-59071-0-44860000-1412864901_thumb.j

post-59071-0-15040000-1413480204_thumb.j

post-59071-0-40880000-1413480218_thumb.j

post-59071-0-77160000-1413480235_thumb.j

post-59071-0-49000000-1413480255_thumb.j

post-59071-0-49880000-1413480269_thumb.j

Edited by cyclope

Good luck with your sale Bob.  

La Scala's are excellent speakers for certain.  The posts that get the greatest response are usually the ones with the best photos.  You may want to include a few more well lit shots.  In particular the tags on the back will help folks identify whether the finish is original etc.  For what it's worth I think you are offering a very fair deal.  

Welcome to the forum.  There are many well informed people here that generously share their knowledge.

Edited by deep3shot

In order to help your sale, I would definitely recommend better, clearer photos of all sides.  You may also want to thoroughly dust all surfaces, and then wipe them down with an appropriate furniture polish.  Makes a big difference.  Good luck.

• Like 2

Bumpity bump - I inserted some more photos in the original post!

I have had a few overseas inquiries thus far, but no one with a firm plan to pick up the speakers yet. I am not able to arrange packing or shipping myself, although I will try to work with anyone who can arrange a third party pick up.

Bumpity bump - I inserted some more photos in the original post!

I have had a few overseas inquiries thus far, but no one with a firm plan to pick up the speakers yet. I am not able to arrange packing or shipping myself, although I will try to work with anyone who can arrange a third party pick up.

I've been speaking with a company called Woodland Entertainment about shipping to the UK. Luck would have it that one of the chaps there is a fan of my music and friends with my record label boss (who's in Narrowsburg) and has promised he'll do me a good price. He would have to use another another company though to pick up, pack and deliver to their NJ Warehouse. Originally he expected that to be $700, the quote came back at $1365 as they said it would be a 5 hour round trip for the driver. They are going to hunt around for a better quote but I was wondering if anyone on here has any information on local packing/delivery firms. Any info would be gratefully received. Thanks, Ben.

p.s The warehouse they need to be delivered to is in Bayonne, NJ.

Edited by Rogue_Cat