Small portable music system (speaker) for my wife

jimjimbo

As I am not familiar with all of the newfangled personal music systems available, am asking for advice and recommendations  here...Does not  have to be Klipsch.  My wife would like a decent speaker she could use to pair with her new iPhone 6 in the kitchen or elsewhere.  She listens to PBS podcasts and some music.  Please, somebody put me out of my misery.....

I was playing with one of the Klipsch KMC thingies(the biggest, $400 one) at Best Buy. I pressed that little "volume up" soft key that is attached to the display and it got stuck and cranked the volume to the max and nearly knocked me over. I could not believe the huge sound coming out of that thing!

I know that doesn't answer your question, soooooo............... good luck!

I got my wife the Bose SoundDock II or III.  We looked at the KMC 1 and she liked the Bose.  The KMC 1 was not hooked up correctly and had a lot of static and hiss at the Tiger Direct store we went tol  I have to say it is pretty impressive for a small unit to use with the iphone or computer.

I purchased a used Klipisch ( too lazy to leave couch to confirm model #) iPod dock and a Logitech Bluetooth receiver. The RCA plugs connect to Klipsch unit which allows any Bluetooth phone to connect to the Klipsch. Is it great? Of course not, but it's very good and all the fidelity the wife requires for a total cost of less than $200.

Edited by DizRotus

• 1 month later...

I have a KMC 3 and it is pretty freaking sweet. My only complaint is the lack of rechargeable batteries with it. But the KMC 1 is rechargeable and sounds *almost* as big as the 3.

so chad. kmc-1 for 159 in red and kmc-3 for 199 in red. rechargeable would be nice as i would never do d batteries in the 3 and this would stay in a toolbox at work most of the time. would it be stupid not to get the 3. or is the 1 really that good? they both look like they can charge an iPhone which is nice.