KG 5.5 Black Pair (Quincy, Fl) $300 $old

billybob

To a young man with his dad who saw them on craigslist for $350. Smooth TX

$300... going to call them an 8/10...unmolested.

Time to let go of these speakers as my music room is not going to be clear in the near future.These are in the type of condition where I feel others would be able to benefit from these. Have been using for 2 channel & HT :)

*Note to forum members, I may be able to help some with delivery depending upon location/distance. Just west of Tallahassee...5 miles from I-10.

Thanks, Billy

Edited by billybob

Billy,

Please, take a deep breath, and one large step backward--away from the ledge.  We have located your meds and they will be here shortly.

I have 4.2s, and can only imagine how much more your 5.5s offer.

Actually, I would buy them (but for the distance to St. Louis), if only to do a "favor" for a Klipsch brother . . . . 

Guess you have a lot of good speakers, and don't "need" these?

• Like 1

Yes, I have wrangled over these in mind for some time. We have Chorus ready to come close to the computer. Also, a pair of RF-3... These are a bit mintlike and are available for someone's HT or 2 channel system.

I may end up taking a few pics as I will have other minor items for craigslist. If they do not sell right away, I will not be heartbroken.

Thinking of withdrawing these all together.

We shall see, and thanks! :)

• 3 weeks later...

Really need to pull them and put them aside. They and the inwall sub are happy together.

Can't recall hearing the 4.2 but bet they are nice in sound. Just raised them back up on craigslist ad...lol

They are $400 speakers, if any are. Those with upgrades, even more. No pics and location and no one from my past here to vouch for myself.  Mad e a couple ot 3 sales here but, do not see them around much. Maybe they are staying away from my out of sight dealings. lol, It is all good anyway.

Thanks

Edited by billybob

Know what you mean.  And Labs are such great dogs!  Man, I cried like a baby when, over the years, I had to put down my magnificent Dobermans, and my miniature Schnauzer.  Wonderful animals.

My wife pleaded to have more life around the house (I'm not enough, I guess), and having failed to satisfy her longings first with a plant, then a goldfish, I allowed myself to be persuaded to get a rescue cat.  Have to say, she is a sweetie.  Told my wife "That's it.  I've done what you asked".  But it seemed that the cat really was not stimulated enough most of the day, so I suggested a second, to keep the first some company.  But I told my wife that I really was putting my foot down on the second--my kindness and mercy have limits, after all!  Well, Billy, you probably can guess what happened next, as the 2nd cat really was a little too "adventuresome" for the personality of the first, so, seeing that, I suggested a 3rd cat--a little younger, very kittenish, for its energy and playfulness.

So now that I have put my foot down 3 times, it seems to be holding . . . .

• Like 1

Dang, sounds like that putting it down is working. Yes we like the fact that these are  mostly compatible as they are both female and the older 13 year old Calico puts her foot/claw down when dealing with the energetic 3 yr. old Tabby.

Just haven't had the desire for another dog, although love them.

• Like 1

Opusk2k9--How could you say "No"?

I'm a brute!

Say, I remember when you posted that you had very recently acquired those fine-looking pups.  Almost as cute and pretty as that little daughter (?) of yours!

Edited by JiminSTL
  • Like 1

Thank God your in FL. I hit 4 aces with the kicker last night on the way home and would take them if closer.

Good luck with the sale, like you need it. LOL

The Cat

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=740144659374752&set=a.171839766205247.48314.100001376748523&type=1&theater

Yes man, living with the catwoman. Good fortune then to you.

Pretty dogs.

Say, I remember when you posted that you had very recently acquired those fine-looking pups. Almost as cute and pretty as that little daughter (?) of yours!

Yes, that is my daughter, she is twelve.  The pups are about 7.5 months now, darker pup is hers and is now about 55 lbs, mine is the light colored one, she is about 45 lbs.  They are a handful and I often wonder what I have gotten myself into.

• Like 1

Say, do you remember that wonderful Iams dog food commercial (probably 20-25 years ago), with the Irish Setter?  Think the dog was named "Casey".  Anyway the commercial starts out with a young girl (maybe 12), and her pup.  She is running up a long set of outdoor steps at a beach house, and encourages Casey to follow, as best as his short little legs, and inexperience, will permit.  Of course, she gets to the top long before he does.  Then, the next scene shows her trailing him (now in his prime), as he races to the top ahead of her.  And finally, she is a young woman, and she again is faster up the steps now than an ageing Casey, grey muzzle, but still game.

What a great commercial.  Treated all (participants, viewers, and product) with dignity and respect.

• Like 1