Question about the value of a complete Reference system

nhpeach

Hello Everyone,

Im trying to help my elderly father liquidate some of his audio equipment.  Im not an audiophile and I have no idea about Klipsch value.

All of this equipment was purchased from an authorized dealer during the Fall of 01 through the Spring of 02. My father had visions of creating a house shaking home theater set up some time ago, but it only remained a dream.  All of the pieces are still in original packaging ( boxes and  foam inserts and everything) as well as all the receipts.  Only the towers have ever been taken out of the box and plugged in ( less than 15 minutes of play).  The best way I would describe these pieces is that if they were car parts they would be NOS - new old stock.   Here is what we have:

a pair of RF- 7

RC-7

a pair of RSW-15

a pair of RS-7

a pair of RB -5 

All pieces are cherry in color except for the RB-5, which are black.  I realize these are 12 -13 yr old speakers and though never used would never command "new"  pricing, but I was hoping all of the Klipsch experts on the forum could help me price these correctly in hopes of getting them sold . We are in Southern NH and less than an hour from Boston.  

Thanks in Advance!!!

• Like 1

Hi and welcome to the forum!

Based on your description plus having all the original packaging, this is my opinion

a pair of RF- 7 800 to 1200 for the pair

RC-7 350 to 500

a pair of RSW-15 750 to 1000 each

a pair of RS-7 300 to 500 for the pair

a pair of RB -5 200 to 350 for the pair

I'd lean to the high side above if they are as described. having the boxes are a big plus if you are willing to ship and opens up a sale to a much larger pool of potential buyers

I'm sure a lot of others will chime in soon.......good luck!

• Like 2

Welcome to the forum.  It sounds like the speakers are in excellent condition.  Final sale price depends on location.  Live near a big city will net a higher price.  The RF 7's could start at a grand.  Where are you located?  Someone here may be interested.

Edited by derrickdj1

Nhpeach,

Welcome to the forum.

I am sorry your father has not been able to live his audio(video) dream and has to purge his wonderful HT setup.

What you have here is an incredible system with the best of the best Reference gear Klipsch had to offer at the time, and many say ever.

I don't want to squash any of our members hopes of getting this system for pennies on the dollar but we need to be honest in our value assessment.

These are a range of average used prices, geographically, condition, etc., they may vary.

RSW-15---$500.00 to $800.00

RF-7(pair)---$600.00 to $1000.00

RC-7---$250.00 to $400.00

RS-7(pair)---$300.00 to $450.00

RB-5(pair)---$225 to $400.00

Guys, correct me if I am way off.

Bill

Edited by willland
  • Like 1

Thanks to all for the quick info and opinions!  For the purposes of selling I'd say I'm in the Boston Area ( 45 miles away) .  Being a forum newbie too, should I firm up my asking price and move this whole string over to the "Garage Sale" or leave it here ??  Thanks again 

Being a forum newbie too, should I firm up my asking price and move this whole string over to the "Garage Sale" or leave it here ??  Thanks again 

First, maybe you should test all the speakers to make sure they are operating properly.

Second, if you do hear them, you may just decide to give your pop the $$$ and take them home to your house. ;)  :D  This setup is that good.

Bill

Being a forum newbie too, should I firm up my asking price and move this whole string over to the "Garage Sale" or leave it here ??  Thanks again 

Seriously, you should unbox them to test and take good photos before you place that ad.

Bill

Thanks to all for the quick info and opinions!  For the purposes of selling I'd say I'm in the Boston Area ( 45 miles away) .  Being a forum newbie too, should I firm up my asking price and move this whole string over to the "Garage Sale" or leave it here ??  Thanks again 

Yeah you should start a thread in the garage sale section with an asking price and photos if possible.

Also if you will split up or package deal only.....GLWS!

Yeah welcome and make sure you test speakers. I'd imagine no issues with all passive ones but selling a rsw-15 to someone for 800 and then shipping it and it gets there dead on arrival that would be bad. Since they have amps and say idle for that long functional check is very important. Plus gives the perfect opportunity to snap pics so people really know they are new. Easy one to prove it would be a grill with all pegs in tact and wrapped in plastic. You RARELY see third gen stuff with ALL grill pegs in tact.

• 11 months later...

Hi everyone, I appreciate all the feedback I received last yr after originally posting this. Unfortunately at the time, my dad wasn't willing to unbox everything last year.

There has been a change of heart and I wanted to move this back to the top. In the coming days I will be posting pictures of all of the speakers. They will be available in the Boston area so let me know if there is any interest.