Will Klipsch ever make a good set of 5.1/7.1 PC speakers again?

SaturnsVoid

I had a old set of ProMedia 5.1 500w'rs that i loved but they kinda caught on fire... So i have been looking for a new sound system for my PC and there really are no good systems out there anymore... Is there any information if Klipsch is maybe working on something? I know there is a LOT of people that would love to see Klipsch back on the market for PC's...

• Like 1

They still make the Promedia 2.1 setup. Last I heard though, there were no plans to move Promedia production back to the U.S. - so it's likely that they will continue to have a few problems unless they overhaul them on the next update. It seems that most of what people have issues with are with the slate amp, and the control pod.

• 2 weeks later...

I too; really, really wish they would start making the promedia 5.1 surround with huge sub/amp for computers again. I hate the fact that they stopped making them awhile ago. Ive had my promedia system for about 10 years approx. when the system works the way its suppose to; its excellent. But within the past couple weeks Ive had issues with my amp cutting in and out; so i took it to a local guy who did some work on it for me in the past and does excellent work. He tried resoldering all of the connections etc. on the amp boards; however; that only worked temporiairly as the sub would still cut out. He figured out it was the "driver" board that was the issue and luckily for me; his supplier only had 1 brand new one left; but ouch he wants 50 bucks for it; but I know that its a heck of a lot cheaper to fix it than it is to buy a whole new system.

I really truly wish we as consumers of klipsch products could get as many people as possible to try and convince klipsch to start making the 5.1 promedia system again. Maybe start posting are huge want for such a system again in a forum that the people in design and engineering at klipsch may look at to see that there are so many people out there that liked the promedia 5.1 system and that they really should go back to producing it again; even if that does mean producing it overseas.

Also; does anyone know if there are any aftermarket companies out there that still make replacement circuit boards and the speakers for the sub itself? I tried doing a search on google but did not really find much of anything in the way of results for driver boards, etc.

I have conversed with Henry(stpeteshepard) via ebay several times last week about the same issues and he didnt say anything about the circuit boards; but; he did say he could fix the amp. However; i have my local guy who has done work for me before on it fixing the amp. It apparently needs a new driver board as i mentioned before. But that aside I had considered sending the amp to him to look at; but in the end it would just cost too much to send it to him i think

I will vouch for the cooling kit he sells for $49. I put one in mine, and am expecting for it to last a very very long time.

The 5.1 sub gets a bit warm. The fan blows all that around and allows the plate to sink that heat to the outside. 

I have a theory about the 5.1 and 7.1 not being made. Getting the surrounds behind you is pretty much impossible. At best they are gonna be above and farther out than the mains. Now with the 5.1 and 7.1 headphones, if you want true gamable surround, your going to throw on a set of gamer headphones like the Turtle Beach sevens.

Klipsch is launching some wireless surround gamer headsets soon. I might just grab a pair... :)  Here is a link to them:  KG-300 Pro Audio Wireless Gaming Headset

Oh yes; i know about the fan kit; but I dont have the very careful soldering skills it takes to install all the parts in that 49 dollar kit as i dont have steady enough hands to do it.  I will though probably get the simpler to install kit that us more novice people can install. Plus that one is cheaper. I really should get that 49 dollar kit just so i have the parts for the future but i dont have the funds right now for it. I have to wait til after november 3rd to do it. I do know that the heat can cause a problem for the circuit boards and will address that issue once i get more available funds to do it. I definitely plan on getting at least the fan kit though. As far as them not making the 5.1 or possibly a 7.1 system; I still think it would be worth it for them to take a chance on making the promedia 5.1 system again as its been very popular with people because of the sound quality and the deep deep bass the sub produces.