Its ALIVE down there!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fawwaz

Well I was just listing to music when I had to bend over and pick up something under my desk WOWs>does the bass sound different or what?

Its alive down theres>

I think my sub placing is wrong although I figured I put in a corner.

I am attaching a rough sketch of my setup (I have put the sub under my desk and closed the end of the desk by the 4.1 box!

I really want the sound to be the same as under there!!!!My parents think I've lost it sitting down under the disk all the time biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

click on image to the right! http://www.klipsch.com/ubb/uploads/set for sub.jpg

See I dont think that is how you have your sub. When I first got mine i put them that way but the bass sucked. Put it out in the open in a corner in your room and face the port towards a wall. There will be way more bass. I have mine to the left of me in the corner NOT under a desk and it kicks *** I mean butt!

Thanks for the advise Slaz13.

But do you really think it is wise to put the port(you do mean the opening from which the air comes out) in from of a corner??

By the way do you thin the glass would differ I mean I have a corner of glass+ Alumninum.

I sure hope your right because I feel real differnt bass when I sit under my disk biggrin.gif

Im not sure about that glass aluminum wall. But yes I think the port should face the wall. IN an earlier post someone said that it reflects the sound back more or something but I think it gives it more of a kick. Mine sound just awessssoooomeeeeee!

I dont have a klipsch set yet but what i found with my sub was that when you have it under the desk the bass stays under the desk probibly because it reverbs from the desk top to the desk floor and does not come out as good. So if you place your sub port facing the wall, have your subwoffer cone (where the mesh is on the sub) facing you! smile.gif

The question is:

I have a corner on my right.

Should I place the woofer at an angle of 45 and the air outlet facing the 2 corner.

Or should I let the air outlet face the wall head's on and so would the other cone!!

Or is there a better place for the woofer!

I am real tired of trying and the woofer seems only powerfull when my head is next to it!!!

One more thing ,I left my seating postion while playing some bass music and found out that the bass is stronger further away!

It seems to diminsh when I come to listing postion and strong again when I am on top of the Sub.

Damn I can't rearrange my desk to be further from the corner!(I have already broken a piece of furnture to make this corner avaialbe!!!

Damn mad.gif

Ya.. there are spots where the sound waves meet and amplify <"sweet spot"> across the room at the other corner.. it is loud but you loose some quality.. It is actually loudest right in front of my desk the way I have it set up. My desk acts as a resonator/amplifier - many a chest pounding

Man is this tough or what?

OK the bass is heart pounding at about 1 meter from my sitting location rearranging would be too damn hard with all the stuff I've got and Paragon how have you set your desk to resonat??

Its seems the bass is best at the other side of the room facing the opposing wall,where I set in the middle it seems to quite down(no pounding)

Damn I hate this when it happens!!

:confused

Klipsch recommends putting the port at least 6 inches from the wall and each woofer 2 inches I think. This is perfect distance if you put your sub right against the wall with the port facing the corner. They also mentioned that it won't damage the sub if you don't follow those guidelines, just that they recommend them. Also, this may not be accurate since it is from memory and not from searching the archives, but I think it was 6 from port 2 from each woofer.

-Gxcad

c>
  • Like 1

If you put the sub in a corner like the schematic in the post"found most po.." You would have at least 5" between the hole and the corner(given it is a 90 deg corner!!)

Further since each sub is at roughly 45deg then the woofer would be at least 6"

These figures are if you attach the woofer to the wall!!

Do try it it is a hell of alot more powerfull!!!