Gauge

Kelly McAloney

Perhaps we could be a little more helpful to someone who would probably appreciate a thoughtful explanation and recommendation.  That said, the gauge of wire you use should be dependent on the length of the run to your speakers.  The longer the run, the larger the gauge of wire you should use (a smaller number).  For most applications, unless your room is huge and there are a lot of obstacles between amplifier and speakers, 12 gauge should be more than fine.  IMHO 10 gauge is overkill and of course costs more.  Most of the Knuconcepts line is excellent and I use it myself.  Also be sure to use good quality connectors on both the amp and speaker sides.  Banana plugs, spades, pins are dependent on the connection points on each side.  Using bare wire to hook up without connectors is inviting trouble.....

• Like 2

I used 12 gauge, no-name oxygen free copper for my longer runs (similar in length to yours) from Monoprice and some fancier stuff (but still relatively cheap) for shorter runs and interconnects. All in all, it has worked quite well. Good luck with your project.