Klipsch RF-52 II for fronts in HT setup

jhw59

I don't have much space and the paradigms 11 v2 which I'm using and like have received a severe downgrade in the WAF category so looking at these as these were oked by her. Anyone use these for this purpose?

My current HT setup is:

HT-Pioneer SC-65 Elite AVR, Carver true signature sub. Paradigms fronts, Sonance in ceiling for speakers 4-7. Samsung 8500 51'' plasma HDTV.Audioquest sub cable and Audioquests for fronts. Center channel-MC 

Appreciate your thoughts!

My thoughts?  Nice TV!

Center channel-MC, what's that?  Ideally you'd want matching three up front.  Planning on changing it also?

had not  really considered changing the center channel. I bought the MC from an installer and it sounds good to my tired ears. What would match the Klipsch?

The 52s would probably be the smallest towers any of us would want to use in a HT.

Sure you can't wiggle some RF-62s in there?

Height and width are issues with my space. I don't think I can go any higher than 3 feet but maybe. Is there a noticeable sonic difference between the 2 speakers ? Bass not that important as the Carver supplies plenty.

Edited by jhw59

42<52 slight difference. I personally would save the money and go with the 42's. 52<62 huge difference in sound. But they are much larger speakers. But much larger sound. So if size is the issue that makes it easy choice. I just posted comparison pics between all thre of the mentioned models. Let me look

Please click this and scroll to the bottom for the pics. Perfect pics for what you me looking for.

https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/topic/152793-no-idea-what-system-would-be-best-for-my-room-can-anyone-help/

thank you. This is helpful. As I said, my sub provides plenty of bass so not a real issue. 

If that were true, we'd all be using 42s...

• Like 1

Please click this and scroll to the bottom for the pics. Perfect pics for what you me looking for.

https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/topic/152793-no-idea-what-system-would-be-best-for-my-room-can-anyone-help/

thank you. This is helpful. As I said, my sub provides plenty of bass so not a real issue.

Don't forget about the size of the horn!

Center channel-MC, what's that?  Ideally you'd want matching three up front.  Planning on changing it also?

I'm not sure what MC means either, but having a matching center is often kind of awkward you have a traditional TV.  Is it very popular to have a tower as a center?  I've seen a couple but they were always behind an acoustically transparent screen.  But, what's the point of badass looking towers if you're going to get an AT screen?  Paying good money for the cosmetics of a tower just to cover them up is about as weird as having three towers plus a TV. 

Edited by MetropolisLakeOutfitters

If that were true, we'd all be using 42s...

:emotion-21:

I'm not sure what MC means either, but having a matching center is often kind of awkward you have a traditional TV. 

gallery_13595_23_79243.jpg

Is it very popular to have a tower as a center?  I've seen a couple but they were always behind an acoustically transparent screen.  But, what's the point of badass looking towers if you're going to get an AT screen?  Paying good money for the cosmetics of a tower just to cover them up is about as weird as having three towers plus a TV. 

Who said anything about getting towers for cosmestic reasons?

The aim to get identical speakers up front for the best timber matching (which admittedly I have failed at).

Center channel-MC, what's that? Ideally you'd want matching three up front. Planning on changing it also?

I'm not sure what MC means either, but having a matching center is often kind of awkward you have a traditional TV. Is it very popular to have a tower as a center? I've seen a couple but they were always behind an acoustically transparent screen. But, what's the point of badass looking towers if you're going to get an AT screen? Paying good money for the cosmetics of a tower just to cover them up is about as weird as having three towers plus a TV.

Popular no. But it's the best. Everything else would be a compromise. Having them behind a screen gives the room a finished theater look. Plus having the sounds and voices coming right from the screen is also a plus.

Thanks everyone for the responses. I should add that my listening room is rectangular and about 180 square feet. Our chairs are about 6 feet from the fronts. I looked at the center and there is no info on the speaker itself and I found an email from the guy who sold it to me (HT installer) several years ago and he listed it as MC. It sits underneath the TV on the stand and that works well. At this point, I will probably get the new fronts and see how it integrates with the new speakers, However, nothing is going to happen until I move some gear unless I can find some $$ to cover the new speakers.

I should add that my BR player is an oppo 103.

Edited by jhw59