Forte's

Spoonplugger

I have owned a pair of Forte's for 20 years - Love Them!

I upgraded with Chris Munson K-Stacks they sound great.

Want to upgrade because I can - what should I buy?

upgrade the tweeter and mid horn diaphragms to titanium first. If you like what that does (and you should) then there are a bunch more mods you can do. If you can find a pair locally buy a set of Forte ll. Either way raise then up. Remove the factory riser and lift the speakers up so they centre of the mid horn is at your seated ear level. Lots of mods that you can do. If you want deeper bass response you can lengthen your reflex vents a little. If you want to make a jump to something off the shelf that is just plain better see if you can find a pair of CF3 or CF4. If you tell us what you are wanting that would help. Best regards Moray James.

Stock KLFs?

I used to suggest a set of KLF20 (had three sets of those) or KLF30 but the KLF series are a crap shoot due to the baffle adhesive problems and all three sets of my KLF20 had adhesive problems. So it is not for the faint of heart to remove the baffles and repair them. The Epic series is a sure bet cabinet wise they are very solid. Best regards Moray James.

Edited by moray james

If you have a few amps around you could try an active crossover and tri-amp the fortes. I am using a dbx driverack pa+ active to set the individual driver levels and EQ the room. 100 watts SS to the woofers, a Dynaco ST70 for the mids and 20 watts SS for the tweeters.