WTB: Cornwalls

TJIann

Looking for a pair of vintage Cornwalls, plywood construction, preferably not in black finish.  I'm in MD, so somewhere int the DC/MD/VA area would be great for pickup.

not sure how very committed you are to buying a set of CW but for what it is worth(and this is just my opinion)you should also consider a set of Chorus ll which replaced the CW (it was ten years till the retro crowd convinced Klipsch to bring the CW back). The Chorus ll has a far better woofer which also handles a lot more power and the Chorus ll also has a significantly better modern hybrid mid horn along with the K79 tweeter and it has a much more domestic acceptable cabinet volume. You loose nothing in bandwidth either. Just so you know. I am sure there will be CW owners who will disagree but Chorus ll owners will tell you what they think also. Best regards Moray James.

• Like 1

Looking for a pair of vintage Cornwalls, plywood construction, preferably not in black finish.  I'm in MD, so somewhere int the DC/MD/VA area would be great for pickup.

not sure how very committed you are to buying a set of CW but for what it is worth(and this is just my opinion)you should also consider a set of Chorus ll which replaced the CW (it was ten years till the retro crowd convinced Klipsch to bring the CW back). The Chorus ll has a far better woofer which also handles a lot more power and the Chorus ll also has a significantly better modern hybrid mid horn along with the K79 tweeter and it has a much more domestic acceptable cabinet volume. You loose nothing in bandwidth either. Just so you know. I am sure there will be CW owners who will disagree but Chorus ll owners will tell you what they think also. Best regards Moray James

I agree !

not sure how very committed you are to buying a set of CW but for what it is worth(and this is just my opinion)you should also consider a set of Chorus ll which replaced the CW (it was ten years till the retro crowd convinced Klipsch to bring the CW back). The Chorus ll has a far better woofer which also handles a lot more power and the Chorus ll also has a significantly better modern hybrid mid horn along with the K79 tweeter and it has a much more domestic acceptable cabinet volume. You loose nothing in bandwidth either. Just so you know. I am sure there will be CW owners who will disagree but Chorus ll owners will tell you what they think also. Best regards Moray James

I agree !

I guess I will have to look into these.  Thanks!

Way to Cornblock wstrickland1 guys.  LOL

you assume the guy has interest in a Chorus ll when for all we know he is only interested in CW. So very sorry to maybe mess up a buddies offer to sell his CW by providing options and information but you never know what people will buy in the end. Best regards Moray James.

Edited by moray james

Cornblock, i had 12 cornwalls in my living room once, would that be considered cornblock or a block of corns. thats funny

welcome to the forum TJ   we will all keep our eyes open for you. forum member opus usually finds all of us speakers that we are looking for so keep coming back and checking in plus check your PM's ( private messages ) upper right hand corner of the page

Edited by Budman

I'm pretty set on a pair of vintage Cornwalls, but it's interesting to hear about and explore some of the models that Klipsch felt could replace those legends.  I have Heresy's now which pair nicely with my McIntosh MC2105 amp, but require the obligatory subwoofer to boost the bass. 

Edited by TJIann

Looks like I found a really nice pair of 1986 Cornwall IIs in light oak w/brown grills in excellent condition about 1.5 hours drive from my house. Supposed to pick them up Thursday. Psyched. I'll post pics. Thanks folks!

Tim

Edited by TJIann

My brother in law has a real nice pair he's looking to sell.

Located in North Syracuse, NY

Let me know and I'll have him get in touch with you directly.

Wow. I grew up in North Syracuse and my folks still live there. Do you know what finish they are and year?

Wow. I grew up in North Syracuse and my folks still live there. Do you know what finish they are and year?

I just sent him a message asking the questions you asked.

Would be best to have him communicate directly with you.

Somehow or another getting each others phone numbers.

Let me know.

I just sent him a message asking the questions you asked.

Would be best to have him communicate directly with you.

Somehow or another getting each others phone numbers.

Let me know.

I actually located and purchased a nice set yesterday. Thanks anyway. I appreciate it.

not sure how very committed you are to buying a set of CW but for what it is worth(and this is just my opinion)you should also consider a set of Chorus ll which replaced the CW (it was ten years till the retro crowd convinced Klipsch to bring the CW back). The Chorus ll has a far better woofer which also handles a lot more power and the Chorus ll also has a significantly better modern hybrid mid horn along with the K79 tweeter and it has a much more domestic acceptable cabinet volume. You loose nothing in bandwidth either. Just so you know. I am sure there will be CW owners who will disagree but Chorus ll owners will tell you what they think also. Best regards Moray James.

The Chorus II's don't have the bass the Cornwall's have IMHO...  But Anyway I just posted a pair of Cornwall II's for sale.. Is New Jersey too far ?  I have a pristine pair of oiled oak Cornwall II's with black grills with Bob Crites Crossovers.I posted them in the Garage Sale.. Photos coming.If interested I will get the photos up quickly as I can..

Edited by Altec Best

The Chorus II's don't have the bass the Cornwall's have IMHO...  But Anyway I just posted a pair of Cornwall II's for sale.. Is New Jersey too far ?  I have a pristine pair of oiled oak Cornwall II's with black grills with Bob Crites Crossovers.I posted them in the Garage Sale.. Photos coming.If interested I will get the photos up quickly as I can..

Thanks, appreciate the response, but I located and bought a set in Delaware the other day.