And a GREAT time was had by all...

jimjimbo

I like the way the "Baby Cornwalls" are using the "daddy Cornwalls" in the first photo, as a makeshift wall/floor reinforcement for the rear bass port, which they need.

Is they how you guys listenened to them? Otherwise the bass is weaker up on stands like the other shot.

So did they live up to their hype, or was I barking up the wrong tree when I did the mods?

Friends, Romans, Klipsch countrymen, lend me your ears and your feedback! LOL.

Thought they sounded great, we had them on the floor and up on some chairs. I heard them hooked up to Justin's Stereo 15 amp that Jim brought with (jimjimbo).

When we added the Tuba it was like a match from heaven, very impressed with the combination.

• Like 2

And it was great to see all those LPs!

Uh, did anyone bring CDs or DVDs?

I brought a few records, no CD's myself.

Frank Zappa, You know what you is.

The Band, The Band.

Best of Lou Reed, Walk on the wild side.

Billy Thorpe, Childern of the sun revisited.

Did not get to hear any of them but i did not care as lots of great stuff was played throughout the party, old and new to me everything was enjoyable.

• Like 1

Also a huge Thank You to you Gnote!!! we just got back...   WOW lol every turn in your house was a holy cow! I mean I just wanted to check out some stacks lol   Great afternoon. Thank you so much for your time and demo's.

Beeker

It was my pleasure I enjoyed it as well. One of my favorite things was in between songs when a large rumble came from the other room and Katie was in there Rockin the movie Battleship pretty good. She can definitely hang with anyone! Mark is a fun guy who enjoys his audio and gear as much as anyone I've met. 

• Like 1

If it's not too much trouble, could some of the pictures be labeled with identifications of good pics of individuals and pieces of equipment?  I haven't been able to figure out Seth's username, or if he's in a pic, who Lemonstring is, or where the sig others were, etc.  The equipment looks very imposing and very attractively placed and furnished.  I may never get there, but this is a good way to transport myself!  Thanks!

Larry

If it's not too much trouble, could some of the pictures be labeled with identifications of good pics of individuals and pieces of equipment?  I haven't been able to figure out Seth's username, or if he's in a pic, who Lemonstring is, or where the sig others were, etc.  The equipment looks very imposing and very attractively placed and furnished.  I may never get there, but this is a good way to transport myself!  Thanks!

Larry

Seth is Lemonstring. In the group photo's he the second one in (Flannel looking shirt with red in it) from the right side.The guy on the end is another one of Seth's neighbors (both of whom were really good guys).I guess you can't piss off your neighbors if they are with you. :) And yes it was a really nice place for a gathering, beautiful listening room ! and a huge kitchen right off of it able to accommodate several large pizza's, several bottles of refreshment's, and several hungry listeners.The house was almost as accommodating as Seth and his wife.

• Like 1

Wow that looks like some fun! Very envious of you guys!

Justin wish you could've joined! I really enjoyed the stereo 15. I know I was glad, and I'm pretty sure everyone else was too, that Jim brought it along, I wasn't sure if it would make the trip. I'll shoot you a pm at some point I had a thought i'd like to shoot past you. Im thinking theres another gathering in the future and this time Im thinking of another venue that can accommodate more people and gear. :)

be good

• Like 1

Also a huge Thank You to you Gnote!!! we just got back...   WOW lol every turn in your house was a holy cow! I mean I just wanted to check out some stacks lol   Great afternoon. Thank you so much for your time and demo's.

Beeker

It was my pleasure I enjoyed it as well. One of my favorite things was in between songs when a large rumble came from the other room and Katie was in there Rockin the movie Battleship pretty good. She can definitely hang with anyone! Mark is a fun guy who enjoys his audio and gear as much as anyone I've met. 

Your theater room was perfect. After the aletheia cw's, ampsandsound se15, table tuba, claude baby cw's and all the great people etc...to top it off with a visit to your stacks as well as theater and the rest of your gear wow is all I can say...what a pleasure!

Through the weekend talking to everybody was really amazing. Derrick's first heritage listening was substantial to me to see and hear his thoughts. Derrick also helped me understand subwoofers in the home in a whole new way.

Im so use to excessive bass. I have figured out I will have to keep my current 18" subs. Once I get moved next year putting together a third listening room I can see a table tuba or a Jason str bass unit for sure. Used with a heresy boosted up something like Jimjimbos Claude baby cw's. At this point in time I cannot imagine anything else. The ampsandsound se15 would be nice as well although I have to take this 1 step at a time...Those stacks at Gnotes are by far the most effortless sound I have ever heard in my entire life...Maybe a bit large, maybe not...them are amazing period. I have to say the demo of those stacks are an unforgettable time in my life....almost like hearing your kid talk for the first time lol only they are his kids lol

That Saturday was an absolute hoot. What a great group of people. I had arguments and/or disagreements that resulted in learning as well as just lots of great music and conversation...I think Lemonstrings aletheia cornwalls really set the tone from the start. I was also taught quite a bit about digital playback that is worth so much.

Next gathering if Gnote would allow a visit to the stacks and or theater that would be really interesting to hear a few more go to demo tracks...I just cannot get enough of them stacks lol very impressive.

Lemonstring must be really good with his neighbors...It sounded just as good outside in a very nice large house neighborhood where you would imagine most go to bed by 8pm lol yet again maybe that's why he invited all the neighbors...wine and dine them all and the loud music wont matter....it was an absolute great gathering.

I may sit and write for a few hours on reply to how everything sounded sometime....everything really sounded great regardless. It was so nice for everybody to share gear at lemonstrings! I prefer an audio gathering like that over a trip around the world...unless there is a bunch of klipsch gear at strategic stops while going around the world lol

• Like 3

I like the way the "Baby Cornwalls" are using the "daddy Cornwalls" in the first photo, as a makeshift wall/floor reinforcement for the rear bass port, which they need.

Is they how you guys listenened to them? Otherwise the bass is weaker up on stands like the other shot.

So did they live up to their hype, or was I barking up the wrong tree when I did the mods?

As much as I hate to encourage You :)  They were very impressive !!

They were playing with Jims ampandsound and Jasons Table Tuba and I was thinking that's alot of quality sound from such a small attractive package. I actually had to walk up and make sure it wasn't the Cornwall's playing and those are some really sweet Cornwall's.

Well, it's the ultimate compliment from a guy with the biggest horns Klipsch ever made!

• Like 1

What????  You got an invite to Gary's place to see and hear "The Stacks"????Ok, now I get it....Gary was upset that he couldn't ****** the amp from me, and I didn't say goodbye, and I took that last piece of pepperoni pizza that was sitting in front of him in the kitchen.....OK for you Gary.....

What????  You got an invite to Gary's place to see and hear "The Stacks"????Ok, now I get it....Gary was upset that he couldn't ****** the amp from me, and I didn't say goodbye, and I took that last piece of pepperoni pizza that was sitting in front of him in the kitchen.....OK for you Gary.....

lol hahahahaa

I didn't know who to stalk and I decided to follow Gary...Once the sun came up we went up to is door. No invite...jk

Hey now you got to go to the opusk museum!!

• Like 1

As much as I hate to encourage You :)  They were very impressive !!

They were playing with Jims ampandsound and Jasons Table Tuba and I was thinking that's alot of quality sound from such a small attractive package. I actually had to walk up and make sure it wasn't the Cornwall's playing and those are some really sweet Cornwall's.

Well, it's the ultimate compliment from a guy with the biggest horns Klipsch ever made!

There is no doubt the baby cw design is mighty impressive. Iv owned many heresy. My preferred out of what iv kept is the tangent 5000's then kp2502C2's which are the newest version of a pro heresy. Iv tried numerous drivers and now using crites although I will be switching them back to the k42's...may have to have you do some work on a pair for a new listening room next year. The baby cw's are I would put it the most robust yet exquisite over all in a heresy sized cab. Im kinda rubbing pennies together at the moment but tried to buy that Yamaha receiver Mark brought....I really wanted to buy everything I heard this past weekend...

I absolutely cannot believe you sold them stacks! I understand you needed room and like to mod and try new things although MCM's are top choice of speakers in my opinion over anything...May not be made for a home although they sure did sound good in a home...

• Like 1

You would have gotten one too , but you snuck out ! taking your precious with you :(  and never take food from a fat kid ! It makes us cranky :lol:

I think Derrick is next for a gathering, which is closer for some of you. I'm sure as heck not going after Seth but hopefully Derrick will lower the standards some. LOL  I think after that I could be persuaded to host or actually we could come to my place for a while and then maybe head out to Seth's Studio.

Ok so I've volunteered Derrick :)  I am volunteering Seth's studio, anyone else need me to  volunteer them?

One last thing anyone have Jim's address :ph34r:

Edited by Gnote

Maybe we can convince Gary to bring the stacks to next gathering at the Studio where room isn't an issue????????

I thought maybe we pack into a couple vehicles and go for a demo. Them mcm's are in that room to stay I believe...It would take some serious machinery to remove then replace them in his house...

• Like 1