And a GREAT time was had by all...

jimjimbo

Maybe we can convince Gary to bring the stacks to next gathering at the Studio where room isn't an issue????????

Actually that's not out of the question. I have a trailer and 2 extra MWM bins on the enclosed porch. I can easily steal the tops off the ones upstairs. Plus I would love to hear them in a larger space  :D

• Like 1

It is great to see the gang here today.  Let's set a tentative gtg schedule.  On another thread I said if we don't start talking about a date, how often for the gtg then  it will be less likely to happen.  So, let's kick around some ideals.

I think if you are volunteering  :lol:  You should pick a date and throw it out there.

We all want to try those *** Shakers  Rump rumblers Butt kickers those things under your couch !

You guys should sing up for the April 2015 get together in Hope (if you haven't already). Even MY wife is signing a liberty chit for me to attend; that's newsworthy!

edit: sing up / sign up same thing!

Edited by USNRET
  • Like 1

You guys should sing up for the April 2015 get together in Hope (if you haven't already). Even MY wife is signing a liberty chit for me to attend; that's newsworthy!

I really really want to but unfortunately I just can't commit this far in advance :(

• Like 1

I like the way the "Baby Cornwalls" are using the "daddy Cornwalls" in the first photo, as a makeshift wall/floor reinforcement for the rear bass port, which they need.

Is they how you guys listenened to them? Otherwise the bass is weaker up on stands like the other shot.

So did they live up to their hype, or was I barking up the wrong tree when I did the mods?

Friends, Romans, Klipsch countrymen, lend me your ears and your feedback! LOL.

As much as I hate to encourage You :)  They were very impressive !!

They were playing with Jims ampandsound and Jasons Table Tuba and I was thinking that's alot of quality sound from such a small attractive package. I actually had to walk up and make sure it wasn't the Cornwall's playing and those are some really sweet Cornwall's.

Well, it's the ultimate compliment from a guy with the biggest horns Klipsch ever made!

There is no doubt the baby cw design is mighty impressive. Iv owned many heresy. My preferred out of what iv kept is the tangent 5000's then kp2502C2's which are the newest version of a pro heresy. Iv tried numerous drivers and now using crites although I will be switching them back to the k42's...may have to have you do some work on a pair for a new listening room next year. The baby cw's are I would put it the most robust yet exquisite over all in a heresy sized cab. Im kinda rubbing pennies together at the moment but tried to buy that Yamaha receiver Mark brought....I really wanted to buy everything I heard this past weekend...

I absolutely cannot believe you sold them stacks! I understand you needed room and like to mod and try new things although MCM's are top choice of speakers in my opinion over anything...May not be made for a home although they sure did sound good in a home...

The most difficult thing to do in creating a Super Heresy is cutting the 4 inch hole for the port. The rest is just soldering and a woofer swap to a heavy/beefy K-42. The only portion that isn't 100 percent Klipsch is the tweeter. Currently I have the Crites and the DE-10's. I Still have 3 Super Heresy's but JimJimbo got my original pair, which he heard create massive bass without a sub because of the room size and critical placement on my part. Those, which you all heard, have the DE-120 tweets I got from Al Klappengerger and are made by Dave at Fastrac. Otherwise, it's a Cornwall 1 "B" network, which is why the sensitivity is almost the same even though it's a smaller woofer in a smaller box. You could do it yourself, really. I posted all the steps in the Super Heresy thread several months ago.

BTW, I strongly believe that ALL Klipsch speakers, even the big horns, need subwoofers. Since they all start to roll off below 50-80 Hz.

Edited by ClaudeJ1
  • Like 1

I like the way the "Baby Cornwalls" are using the "daddy Cornwalls" in the first photo, as a makeshift wall/floor reinforcement for the rear bass port, which they need.

Is they how you guys listenened to them? Otherwise the bass is weaker up on stands like the other shot.

So did they live up to their hype, or was I barking up the wrong tree when I did the mods?

Friends, Romans, Klipsch countrymen, lend me your ears and your feedback! LOL.

As much as I hate to encourage You :)  They were very impressive !!

They were playing with Jims ampandsound and Jasons Table Tuba and I was thinking that's alot of quality sound from such a small attractive package. I actually had to walk up and make sure it wasn't the Cornwall's playing and those are some really sweet Cornwall's.

Well, it's the ultimate compliment from a guy with the biggest horns Klipsch ever made!

There is no doubt the baby cw design is mighty impressive. Iv owned many heresy. My preferred out of what iv kept is the tangent 5000's then kp2502C2's which are the newest version of a pro heresy. Iv tried numerous drivers and now using crites although I will be switching them back to the k42's...may have to have you do some work on a pair for a new listening room next year. The baby cw's are I would put it the most robust yet exquisite over all in a heresy sized cab. Im kinda rubbing pennies together at the moment but tried to buy that Yamaha receiver Mark brought....I really wanted to buy everything I heard this past weekend...

I absolutely cannot believe you sold them stacks! I understand you needed room and like to mod and try new things although MCM's are top choice of speakers in my opinion over anything...May not be made for a home although they sure did sound good in a home...

The most difficult thing to do in creating a Super Heresy is cutting the 4 inch hole for the port. The rest is just soldering and a woofer swap to a heavy/beefy K-42. The only portion that isn't 100 percent Klipsch is the tweeter. Currently I have the Crites and the DE-10's. I Still have 3 Super Heresy's but JimJimbo got my original pair, which he heard create massive bass without a sub because of the room size and critical placement on my part. Those, which you all heard, have the DE-120 tweets I got from Al Klappengerger and are made by Dave at Fastrac. Otherwise, it's a Cornwall 1 "B" network, which is why the sensitivity is almost the same even though it's a smaller woofer in a smaller box. You could do it yourself, really. I posted all the steps in the Super Heresy thread several months ago.

BTW, I strongly believe that ALL Klipsch speakers, even the big horns, need subwoofers. Since they all start to roll off below 50-80 Hz.

That is how Jim described them to a T and I was very pleased to hear the de-120's...very nice!. They certainly produced a new dynamic range in a heresy cabinet I had not heard. Very clean and hardy. For somebody lacking space your super H is a life saver. The super H would be a very interesting comparison next to any speaker. It was certainly a highlight with the variety of setups Jim let it be ran through. With Jason str's table tuba even with the table tuba in the center of the room the super H's were awesome. Nice design and was very nice to hear them.

For somebody lacking space your super H is a life saver. The super H would be a very interesting comparison next to any speaker.

FYI, I had modded 5 of them. Now I'm down to 3 since selling my original ones to JimJimbo. He got the best ones by smidge because of the tweeters, but since my "leftovers" are doing surround duty, it's not as critical as using the Baby Corns for 2 channels. They do go down to 30 Hz. with a smaller room and near corner placement, which is how Jim heard them at my house in Indy. Your visit predated the the construction of the "super H's" as you call them, so I'm glad you, at least got to hear my QuarterPie/K402/DE-250/Danley DTS-10 stack (the best sound I've ever had....so far) before I had to sell it off. 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...