KP-201 Question

Youthman

• 2 weeks later...

It is a Heresy II, (you can tell by the K79 tweeter horn), with a different network and usually pebble paint, corners, handle. But as TS noted, like Hersey and HP, HIP, they were frequently custom ordered for churches and schools and came in a multitude of cabinet styles. Actually they do better in the LF department than the beefier KP250 with it's 200 watt woofer and port. Usually it's a sacrifice of low bass for more output on these models. 

Edited by colterphoto1
  • Like 1

That's right. The port on the 250's lets them go louder, but not as low. Before I learned that, I always assumed porting was for lower frequencies.

The 201's are sealed up just like their civilian brothers, the H2. I have a couple pair, and I like the portability.

• 2 months later...

They have more bass than their big brother the KP250.  One time I set up a H, 201, 250, HIP and we all liked the 201 best for overall response. 

Good to know. I was speaking somewhat anecdotally in my earlier post since I've used these at an 80hz crossver to my sub almost exclusively since I got them and so very little listening was done with them unassisted by the sub(shame on me).