- canceled

Cornman

I purchased these  two years ago & have very low hours & not a scratch on them.  I paid $2,500.00 for the Tad drivers alone, so its like getting them for free. Pick up only (Austin Tx. area) or you provide shipping company.

More gear to be listed ( It's all for sale) ... Or you can get a great deal on the whole pkg.

post-18394-0-83760000-1413825113_thumb.j

Edited by Cornman
  • Like 1

That's a bit less than half of sales price (a new pair of TAD 4002s are now over $3500 street price)--on speakers that are already much less than half the cost than other loudspeakers that are in their league. 

Sorry to see the sale, but someone is going to be real happy :wub:

Chris

Edited by Chris A

do you have more pictures by any chance CM?

your original post didn't state which TAD was being used.

TAD 4002.  He got them from me (sniff).....  Then, I had to go out and buy them again (Snoopy happy dance)

Frankly, that package price is a steal.  Ain't NO WAY I'd sell my setup for that price and mine are industrial black!!

Cornman, given the items you're selling, I hope you're just changing to simplify your life instead of something more ominous.

"Frankly, that package price is a steal.  Ain't NO WAY I'd sell my setup for that price and mine are industrial black!!

Cornman, given the items you're selling, I hope you're just changing to simplify your life instead of something more ominous."

Thx. for kind words, no this is not a financial distress sale, but after almost 30 years of marriage ,, unfortunately there is no music left in this house.....

Thx. for kind words, no this is not a financial distress sale, but after almost 30 years of marriage ,, unfortunately there is no music left in this house.....I simply prefer to listen to the melodic voice of my wife.

Fixed it for ya.

:)

• Like 1

Cornman, although I know the answer, can you clarify something since someone who might not know better, might misconstrue your title.

When you say TAD drivers, you mean to say TAD drivers on the K402 horn only, the bass bin has the stock Klipsch (K31?) drivers in them, correct?

:emotion-21:

My checkbook is happy you are in Texas and I'm in Florida! I would give up my Khorns for those. Good luck with your sale.

Cornman,

Too bad you are in Texas and I am in Atlanta . . . I would give up both pair of my K-horns your Jubs, especially knowing they were previously owned by Coytee too!

GLWS!

I just purchased some quicksilver  mid mono amps......around 40 watts and seems to be pretty good. Will Jubilees plug and play using this type amp with good results?

I can't afford to spend any thing else, but I have the extra cash to buy these speakers....I just really need to know if this is an option?

Thanks for any advice that will help me spend $5k.      Steve

He does not have a passive crossover.  He's using an active crossover.  I'd guess that whatever amps you have, as long as you have enough of them for four (4) channels of amplification and have an active crossover, then yes, you can plug & play (after dealing with RCA/XLR issues which I'd expect you to have)

There IS a diagram for a passive 'out there' should someone want to build a pair of have them made....but it would be an additional expense (as would an active crossover if you don't already have one....notice that he's also got the EV Dx38 for sale)

Coytee....thx for the info...unfortunately I am totally tapped out at the speaker price of $5k.....

If Boxx would put his back up then I could make a purchase.....when his where for sale My wife was reaching the end of her time and recently passed away otherwise I would have jumped on his Jubs.

Again thanks for the info.....Steve

Thank you, we were together 34 years and had Heresys to Khorns she always said I could have guitars and any big ol' Klipsch I wanted ......but no Motorcycles!  In fact I purchased  some Cornwalls from Knoxville for a bedroom system prior to her passing....

If I have to order some Jubs after the first of the year that may be my option....unless some become available here.

Steve my sincerest condolences for your loss. I feel as though I have already lost mine & i should have never started this sale in such an emotional state. More money in my pocket will not solve anything for me unfortunately.

Coytee is correct, you will need two amps, one to run bass bins, the other for the top K402horns, with an active xover. That Quicksiver would probably be nice on top.

TAD drivers on the K402 horn only, the bass bin has the stock Klipsch driver's. The face panels or unfinished wood (perhaps birch ), they have some beautiful grain. I have always intended to stain them to match my walls.

I must sign off for tonight.