I built some Klipsch Forte II risers

After some advise and experimenting and critical listening I decided to build some 10" high stands, any higher and I really had to sit up straight for optimum sound. I decided to build them out of wood because steel is so expensive and I work with it all day at work. All I have to work with is is a 18v Ryobi combo pack a hand held belt sander and an orbital sander. I built one prototype first and hated it so went back to square one and came up with this. It still needs to be painted flat textured black but I like it much better than the stock ones already. I will post some finished pics.

P1010696_zps964fa5fa.jpg

P1010698_zpsfe0c6c27.jpg

That's pretty sweet. I was just planning on doing some myself. Even experimented with different heights this weekend by setting them on some coffee table cubes we have.

Always hated the look of the stock risers. Great work!

• Like 2

Thanks guys, I could not imagine going back to the stock ones. And thanks Moray for the push to do this. I did think about putting some weight in there just as I got them glued together, lol. I could always cut a hole in the top and fill them with something, theres room for 30 Lbs of sand. Time to do some listening. Thanks again!

a 3/4" hole is fine you can fill them and cover the hole with a piece of packing tape. If you have a solid concrete floor sand would be best full but if yo have wooden floor then about half full with rice would likely do better. Again very nice job your speakers look very nice up on these stands. Best regards Moray James.

• Like 1