New guy in the Klipsch forum... me :-)

Mystery

Welcome aboard, local buddy!

Thanks.

Your avatar has some nice Klipsch references. :emotion-21:

Thanks! It looks a bit different now. The taller towers on the outside were RF-82s, but I didn't like them and replaced them with RF-25s.

Edited by mattSER
  • Like 1

Welcome , I do have a question about Denver drivers. I was there a few weeks ago to visit my son and I never heard car horns honk so much. They seem to want to be there yesterday. I never thought a car horn could be worn out , but there I can see it,,lol. A state where you can buy weed should be a little more laid back I would think. Hey Denver mellow out man.       Rick

• Like 1

Welcome , I do have a question about Denver drivers. I was there a few weeks ago to visit my son and I never heard car horns honk so much. They seem to want to be there yesterday. I never thought a car horn could be worn out , but there I can see it,,lol. A state where you can buy weed should be a little more laid back I would think. Hey Denver mellow out man.       Rick

May be you were behind the "Honk if you love Bronco's" truck. :D

I hardly ever hear honking here and that's also when someone stays on green arrow or something similar.

I was in Dallas for 10 years and you get a lot more honking, pushing and even shooting. ;)

Welcome , I do have a question about Denver drivers. I was there a few weeks ago to visit my son and I never heard car horns honk so much. They seem to want to be there yesterday. I never thought a car horn could be worn out , but there I can see it,,lol. A state where you can buy weed should be a little more laid back I would think. Hey Denver mellow out man. Rick

Yeah, I also find this to be quite the opposite. For the most part, CO drivers are very relaxed and polite.

I had a friend move here from Utah recently and he was surprised that Denver drivers actually let you into their lane when you signal instead of speeding up to block you!

Yes, A400's are really nice, at least for me and wifey.

We do blind test when we get new pair and A400's haven't let down yet.

Room looks crowded and I've been trying to get rid of speakers but I bring more and more in.

It's a good addiction for me but not so much for wifey. :blink:

She says, "Keep the A400's and sell all others" or at least from that room.

L166's are recently gone due to space issue and their place is taken by KLF10.

I'm trying to limit to two pairs in that room, one being A400's, the other not decided yet. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Yes, A400's are really nice, at least for me and wifey.

We do blind test when we get new pair and A400's haven't let down yet.

Room looks crowded and I've been trying to get rid of speakers but I bring more and more in.

It's a good addiction for me but not so much for wifey. :blink:

She says, "Keep the A400's and sell all others" or at least from that room.

L166's are recently gone due to space issue and their place is taken by KLF10.

I'm trying to limit to two pairs in that room, one being A400's, the other not decided yet. :rolleyes:

Them 400's are pretty nice. From the a100 up I really found a liking to them all. They actually hang on the wall pretty well too. The theater models from the a60 up were a go to speaker for many theaters all over the place for quite some time.

The only issue I had with the boston acoustics was the lack of highs...that's about the point I found klipsch made more speakers than the kg series only and klipsch highs are premium(imo)...so I dropped near everything and went klipsch.

I still have a few pair of the boston acoustics, some with very good modifications. Real fun speaker and surprisingly they can be bought fairly reasonably although I find them to be better than what they sell for.

The L166's are an essential monitor I feel everybody should give a try. On the klipsch forum the jbl L series have been discussed a few times. The biggest downfall I seen obviously was the crossovers. Crossovers seem to be a huge downfall with many speakers.

The klf10 is supreme. Imo every bit as good as many reference if not better. Nice collection you have going...adding and switching testing to find what works best. Every room I have now is filled mostly by klipsch on the walls to the floors haha.. Cheers!