Cancelled

bdtmarsh

Asking $2200

Circa 1980s

• Walnut finish
  • Excellent working condition 
  • All original parts, nothing has been changed or replaced. 
  • There is a slight discoloration on the top of one of them (as noted in the last picture), but it is not very noticeable. 
  • Each picture is a different speaker. If the color looks off, it is just because of the lighting. Both speakers are matching in color. 
  • Pickup only. I'm in Charlotte, NC.

post-59226-0-19280000-1414597760_thumb.j

post-59226-0-10640000-1414597835_thumb.j

post-59226-0-17360000-1414597871_thumb.j

post-59226-0-45720000-1414597996_thumb.j

post-59226-0-95760000-1414598232_thumb.j

Edited by bdtmarsh

I'm not really sure what's fair to ask that's why I didn't put an exact price on them.

I do know they're worth more than $500, so offer rejected. Sorry  :)

I've seen anywhere from 1800 to 3000. I'm not sure how far off that is, but like I said in the initial post, they are in excellent condition.

Inherited these from an uncle. 

• Moderators

Sorry to hear about your Uncle's passing.

Used Klipsch speakers can have a wide range of pricing.  If you look through the Alerts section here, you will see several Khorns for $2000.  These Khorns recently sold 30 min from me for $250.  I was second in line.

I would list them for what you want out of them and go from there.

I'm not really sure what's fair to ask that's why I didn't put an exact price on them.

I've seen anywhere from 1800 to 3000. I'm not sure how far off that is, but like I said in the initial post, they are in excellent condition.

Looking at the pics, the year, and the probability  of having to recap the crossover, I'd say $1400 to $1900. 

• Moderators
Saw that thread, youthman. What a once in a lifetime steal.

Yeah, I keep saying that but the deals keep coming, especially here in Florida.

Would like to get 2200 for them.

It probably is a good idea to edit your original post with your asking price.

Looking at the pics, the year, and the probability  of having to recap the crossover, I'd say $1400 to $1900. 

Thanks for the advice. 

I'm not very savvy in comparison to you all when it comes to these speakers, but what does "probability of having to recap the crossover" mean?

FWIW, the speakers are set up in my living room right now and work great. I also inherited a McIntosh MC7200 I'm considering selling as well (but probably not).

• Moderators
I also inherited a McIntosh MC7200 I'm considering selling as well

Mmmmmmm....drool.  LOL  That's an incredible system your Uncle had there. 

I'm not very savvy in comparison to you all when it comes to these speakers, but what does "probability of having to recap the crossover" mean?

The crossovers are internal parts that dry out over time.  Recapping them means having them restored to factory specs.  I have 1980 LaScalas that sound incredible.  They might could benefit from recapping but I figure, "If it aint' broke....."  :D

Yes, they're set up properly in our upstairs den (each in a corner). Listen to them all the time and will be sad to see them go. 

The serial numbers are 8417827-30. I would upload the pictures, but I don't have an image hosting account. I'd be happy to email them to anyone who needs them.