all about that bass...

Paducah Home Theater

keep in mind i bought flat packs case i have no tools or the space to make my own enclosures, and then also shipping four flat packs is pricey. when i bought woofers they were more expensive cause they were not outsourced yet. and they were 179 plus each woofer cost like 35 to ship. and the amps also were still full retail at the time. 

That explains most of it. :)  

• Like 1

Wonder what their 24" sounds like.  

I'm wanting two more 18's but I'm aggravated about how the iNuke works.  It's basically two iNuke 3000's, so hooking it up in stereo is already bridging them.  So, you can't bridge the whole thing, meaning I can't use my two UltiMax's and get two more.  I'd have to run it stereo into 8 ohms per side which kills a bunch of power.  Either that or start over, otherwise it's like bridging into 2 ohms, in which it would see 1 ohm.  

Get another I Nuke DSP 6000.  I use one channel per driver at 4 ohms.

I was worried about the electrical. I can trip a breaker just by putting my receiver and amp on the same circuit. I assumed I'd have to introduce a third circuit. Maybe it's not necessary if I set up limiters. I have a bathroom with a mostly wasted 20 amp circuit just on the other side of the wall, worst case might could tap into it.

• 6 years later...
On 2/11/2021 at 8:28 PM, laager said:

...and 6 years later I ask: what are the distortion figures on any of them except the DTS-10?

Ouch, indeed...

single um-18.  Flat as a pancake 32 hz on up, even when being severely spanked.  Intermodulation distortion is a different story but alas such things don't exactly have a standard for measuring.  

Ouch indeed.  

image.thumb.png.ee9bcb42d004b6752cd24967d4d045ab.png