My 1000th post on this?.....

jimjimbo

• 4 weeks later...
They make any, even the inefficient ones LOUD.

and will create a great Intermodulation Distortion Tolerance Test.

The less watts you use to get loud, the better the sound. Physics seem contrary to "audiophiles (with direct radiators only attitude) full of distortions and no dynamic crispness" type in those ad rags with prose.

I'd say my Klipsch was a bargain but not cheap!

Best perspective I've seen.  PWK set out to build cheap speakers.  The qualification was that they be as cheap as physics allowed to deliver high fidelity.  Almost no one brings up the 8 Card here anymore, but it was the copy he handed me personally that I consider to be as handed to me by the representative of the Lord commissioned to bring relief to an ailing humankind in need of sonic TRVTH.  PWK was given this commission because the Lord was very impressed that while He'd need 10 commandments, PWK managed to do it in 8 for loudspeakers.  The Lord likes efficiency.   

By PWK's intent, the fact is that Klipsch are the biggest bargains in loudspeakers.  You MAY find better, but at prices only within reach of the rich.  Consider the VALUE of a Klipschorn over 50 years or so.  Still best in class! 

Dave

I'll take "loud and cheap" over "crappy and expensive" any day.

Yes, agreed, and my trip to Axpona in Chicago last year, verified this. The best sound at the show was Sadurni...............an all horn setup. Norah Jones brought tears to my eyes, seriously. 

My Klipsch speakers are only loud when I turn up the volume. They play soft musical passages very well even at low volumes. On the other hand, I've heard so-called "audiophile" speakers which mute the highs and generally dumb down the musical experience in order (I assume) for their audiophile listeners to avoid suffering the "fatigue" of hearing something akin to live music. Poor things.