Bookshelf speakers to pair with Onkyo 626?

NARESERVA

Hello, i need a pair of speakers that can play with the Onkyo 626 at max volume (or almost), without distortion. The RB-81 are a bit expensive... can any of the cheaper models do the trick?

Thank you

Edit: I´m using a BK XXLS400sub

Edited by NARESERVA

• Moderators

Not sure about max volume but the RB-61, RB-35 or RB-3 are great. Last week I had a pair of RB-61s cranking with the Acurus A200 (200x2) amp and they sounded awesome at high volume.

If you get to max volume on a receiver, realize the receiver will begin to clip and will ruin your speakers.

• Moderators

RB-75 are AMAZINGLY bookshelf speakers and sound even better than the RB-81 but don't come by very often.

I paid $120 for my RB-61 a few years ago and now wish I would have kept them. At the time I was on a journey to hear in my own home just about every Klipsch Reference speaker. Just picked up a pair for a friend and paid $200 for them.

Deals are out there...so keep an eye out on craigslist

Thanks for the answers. I´m in Europe (Portugal), so used Klipsch are hard to find. The ones i can buy here at amazon.de are:

Klipsch RB-61 II
Klipsch RB-51 II
Klipsch Reference RB 81 and RB 81 II
Klipsch R-15M

Is this second generation better or worse?

I´m being advised against these speakers, on a local forum, because of the supposed harshness of the tweeters. They say that they don´t go to well with Onkyo... 

Edited by NARESERVA

• Moderators

People that do not like Klipsch do say they are bright. That's the reason I love Klipsch. They are very detailed, but not bright to my ears. I've owned Onkyo and they sounded great for HT, ok for music. I prefer HK for music but others love Onkyo and Klipsch.

So the RB 61 it is.

Not sure about max volume but the RB-61, RB-35 or RB-3 are great. Last week I had a pair of RB-61s cranking with the Acurus A200 (200x2) amp and they sounded awesome at high volume.

If you get to max volume on a receiver, realize the receiver will begin to clip and will ruin your speakers.

I hope that the 7.2 onkyo will be capable of getting almost to max level in 2.1 without clipping and without distortion.

Edited by NARESERVA

So the RB 61 it is.

I hope that the 7.2 onkyo will be capable of getting almost to max level in 2.1 without clipping and without distortion.

this is the just the wrong to try to be doing with super efficient speakers. Not sure why you want to just go max volume. The RB-61's will get pretty loud but I can tell you that no one on this forum takes their stuff to max because of clipping and distortion from the receiver. Please be careful and don't blow up your new speakers.