Klipschorn crossovers

Rideoften

My mid 80's K-horns are due for an upgrade. Has anyone tried Crites A/4500 crossover with the CT 125 tweets? I'd like to hear from someone who has actually made this mod. Are there other reasonably priced options I should consider?

Thanks,

Mike

Edited by Rideoften

I did it I built the crossover myself with parts from Mr. Crites. I think the tweets sound better also. I also did the woofers and sold my originals to a forum member cause I knew there were some guys wanting original woofers for their Ks. I also have LaScalas and did a refresh job on the crossovers on those which also helped. So you could do just a refresh of the crossover first see if that makes you happy.  Rick

The Crites A/4500 crossover with the CT-125 was my first upgrade (1985 K-horns with AK-2 crossovers).

Although I thought it was an improvement, I often wonder if swapping in the CT-125 alone would have been almost as good.

I'm sure you did your research, but just a reminder.  Removing/bypassing the AK-2 crossover is a little tricky.  Once done,

you are free to try any number of crossover/horn swaps.

Good luck.

Mike

I've used this crossover and tweeter mod in Khorns and LaScalas. The sound is very good to my ears and a substantial improvement over the sound of a K-77 tweeter and crossover at 6000hz. 

It is worth noting that Klipsch has also changed the crossover in Khorns and LaScalas to 4500hz or thereabouts. 

I didn't realize it, but the sound of the K-55 driver as it poops out at 6000hz is not very good. Didn't notice it until i wasn't hearing it. The CT-125 handles those freqs and doesn't break a sweat. Also, it's pretty much bullet proof compared to the K-77. 

Edited by Daddy Dee