What does your avatar mean

dtel

Mine is a Dogue De Bordeaux (French Mastiff) with headphones. timdog which my friends gravitate to calling me for some reason my whole life. Tim Doggendorf is full name Whoa they made a big stretch there! I also happen to love all types of mastiffs, I have or have had English Mastiffs both my boys were 220+ lbs, Bullmastiff's, Cane Corso (Italian Mastiff's) and currently the French mastiff. Coincidentally the dogs do not like the speakers, imagine that. I got into audio when I was about 15 and my friends brother had a basement with eight La Scala's two on each wall . And a wall full of equalizers that looked like a Christmas tree. Why he Felt he needed two on each wall is beyond me,(Probably just because he could) but it sounded freakin' awesome! Been chasing that down my whole life! I still would like to replace all my surrounds with RF-7ii's. I just don't think I could pull all of them far enough off the wall to make it sound good. The back surrounds, no problem, side surrounds they would have to be against the wall. Money seems to throw a monkey wrench into the equation also. :)

• Like 1

I changed my avatar for 24 hours so I could say something in this thread that's more than one word...so...

It's a Yamaha product with a floating Yamaha emblem next to it...(lets see how many people get that...)

Do you know what the Yamaha logo represents (no fair googling).

I changed my avatar for 24 hours so I could say something in this thread that's more than one word...so...

It's a Yamaha product with a floating Yamaha emblem next to it...(lets see how many people get that...)

Do you know what the Yamaha logo represents (no fair googling).

isn't it tuning forks??

I think he means why three?

You got me...lol

Unless it has to do with each fork being a branch of Yamaha's influence...i.e. Auto, A/V, Instruments.

Think about certain elements inherent in music itself and certain elements inherent in a corporation or business.

I wrote a paper on corporate branding while in college and Yamaha was one of the companies I researched so I didn't want to directly answer, but thought I could provide a few clues.

Edited by Fjd

You got me...lol

Unless it has to do with each fork being a branch of Yamaha's influence...i.e. Auto, A/V, Instruments.

Think about certain elements inherent in music itself

Melody, Harmony and Rhythm?

Not sure the if/how the first translates to business though.

You got me...lol

Think about certain elements inherent in music itself

Melody, Harmony and Rhythm?

Not sure the if/how the first translates to business though.

Good, now think about a dual meaning with the business meaning being essentially independent of the musical instrument roots.

So are you asking me to think of three key essentials of business, or ones that relate directly to the musical counterpart?

If the former, I'd think Innovation, productivity and sales. 

If the later I'd think Teamwork, honesty and consistency.

ETA: Ahhh I was close...looks like it's paid off being the youngest in a family of musicians. :)

Edited by IbizaFlame

Technology, sales and production

Melody, Harmony, Rhythm

So are you asking me to think of three key essentials of business, or ones that relate directly to the musical counterpart?

If the former, I'd think Innovation, productivity and sales. 

If the later I'd think Teamwork, honesty and consistency.

ETA: Ahhh I was close...looks like it's paid off being the youngest in a family of musicians. :)

Nice, exact same time stamp as Carl revealing the full answer and really close.   

I don't know about the judges, but I do like the word "innovation" and your reasoning process. :emotion-21:

• Like 1