HELP! KMC 3 still stuck in demo mode and no blutooth

Lee B

No blutooth but works if source plugged in and only plays on loud for about  a minute before it reduces the volume.

It has two diagnostic/programming ports inside the battery compartment.

Any tech savy advice for unlocking this baby?

post-59175-0-30180000-1414804009_thumb.j

I called customer service and they said that this is a Demo Store Unit and that's the way its intended to work. Im guessing it just needs to be flashed the normal unit but I that might be hard to find. One way Im thinking to try is to open it up and try to by bypass the IC that controls the volume that way. That would probably make it work at 100% at all time but that OK. 

• Like 1

I called customer service and they said that this is a Demo Store Unit and that's the way its intended to work. Im guessing it just needs to be flashed the normal unit but I that might be hard to find. One way Im thinking to try is to open it up and try to by bypass the IC that controls the volume that way. That would probably make it work at 100% at all time but that OK. 

Hi.  What did you mean by "flashed the normal unit"? 

Hi.  What did you mean by "flashed the normal unit"? 

Also I like the idea of bypassing the volume IC.  Not sure if I can identify it buy if I can do you know how to bypass it?

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...