Center channel Build

Turbox

Hi all, So it all started with the problem. I have been struggling with a low profile center channel that can keep up with my Jubilees. This has been going on for some time. I've tried lots of stuff...and the list goes on with lots of crazy ideas. So my build started with an idea, to somehow increase the volume of the Belle Bass bin, and somehow keep the same horn flares. So I came up with this idea.

post-55152-0-60900000-1414804480_thumb.j

So I posted it for opinions and ideas in this thread here

https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/topic/152509-belle-bass-section-question/

After some further thought on the topic, I took a stab at this drawing here.

post-55152-0-43260000-1414804600_thumb.j

Last weekend I went to Lowes and purchased some plywood, nothing special really just plywood. I have all the right tools i need to get this job done. fairly easily.

The Cutting started on Monday night after work.

Edited by Turbox
  • Like 1

Running the wood through the saw...30 deg angle

post-55152-0-93500000-1414807874_thumb.j

Edit: always make sure you use a push stick on a table saw...you'll only make that mistake once. I made that mistake many years ago when I was in my 20's. been more than 20 years since that happened, and will never for get that one...dahhh...

post-55152-0-14660000-1414807967_thumb.j

Edited by Turbox
  • Like 1

Yeah that horizontal KPT435(904) is pretty wicked...its bad a$$ for sure. the thing is amazing and sounds awesome. 435's in two way with a 684 is deadly.

On my front wall, I need the height of that center channel reduced because it impedes on the picture when I am watching a movie. it really depends on the format of the widescreen movies, I always have to adjust the size of the screen on my wall so the center channel doesn't peek into the picture. I've now pulled it out, im now using that as my rear left channel, I built that top hat, it was a lot cleaner looking than the Kpt335 HF section. I currently have a La Scala dog house with a 335HF section, which sounds pretty good. this is partially how I came up with this idea of trying to see how I could modify a Belle Bin to house the 510. and 703 horns.

Now I still have 3 spare 402s as well with no home...easy there...don't get excited, they are staying with me...

I do need to send a special thanks out to Michael Colter, who help me accumulate parts for this project.

Edited by Turbox

Yeah that horizontal KPT435(904) is pretty wicked...its bad a$$ for sure. the thing is amazing and sounds awesome. 435's in two way with a 684 is deadly.

On my front wall, I need the height of that center channel reduced because it impedes on the picture when I am watching a movie. it really depends on the format of the widescreen movies, I always have to adjust the size of the screen on my wall so the center channel doesn't peek into the picture. I've now pulled it out, im now using that as my rear left channel, I built that top hat, it was a lot cleaner looking than the Kpt335 HF section. I currently have a La Scala dog house with a 335HF section, which sounds pretty good. this is partially how I came up with this idea of trying to see how I could modify a Belle Bin to house the 510. and 703 horns.

Now I still have 3 spare 402s as well with no home...easy there...don't get excited, they are staying with me...

I do need to send a special thanks out to Michael Colter, who help me accumulate parts for this project.

I have 3 topless 904's.  We should get those kids together.  :)

904-01.jpg

• Like 2