MiniDSP active crossover problem

NBPK402

Well today I finally got the MiniDSPs hooked up... I am getting no sound.  :(

Here are my screenshots of the settings...

minidspHalloweensettings_zps985457e7.png

minidspHalloweensettings3_zps149a6ae0.pn

minidspHalloweensettings2_zps7711ff23.pn

I can't figure it out. I have tried raising the gain on the Topping Tchip amps, and the Yamaha but i get nothing out of them. 

Does anyone see something i am doing wrong?

Strange thing I have noticed... As I lower the gain on the horns to get Audyssey to give me a 60Hz crossover I notice my sound stage retreating back to the speakers... Is this normal? In a way it almost sounds better on movies as the closer the sound gets to you the louder it gets too, but I am not sure i like the effect. 

The Mini DSP is very similar to the DSP on the I Nuke amps.  I let the avr set the xo and don't use any on the sub.  To protect a  ported sub you can use a xo at 20 Hz (HPF).  A XO of 80 or 60 Hz in the avr should be optimal. 200 is way to high for your subs.

Edited by derrickdj1
  • Like 2

Are you using Audyssey for the means... 60hz and up and the mini DSP for subs?

You might consider allowing your subs to handle up to 200hz?

I am using the MiniDSPs for my mains... I am currently using them with the crossovers set by Audyssey at 80hz. I tried 60HZ but i didn't like the way they were sounding, plus the LFE has a minimum setting of 80HZ. I have a spare MiniDSP that i can run with the subs if i want though too.

• 1 month later...

Question: With the 12db high shelf, if we are cranking are we taking a chance with only 25 wpch going to the EVDH1a drivers of damaging the drivers or is there enough headroom? If the EVDH1a drivers are 112db with 1 watt...