Cornwall Vs La Scala Vs KLF-30 Which is more desirable?

Zappa Freak

for me it would come down to the condition of the cabinets and what room they will be used in. post some pictures and i'll tell you my recommendation.

you get 300 different answers from members on what they like versers what they don't like. most of them have never owned any of them

KLF-30's ( never owned any ) but if they are in mahogany it would be very hard to let go

LaScalas take up to much room and they don't come with furniture grade veneer. ( owned 1 set )

Cornwalls ( owned over 12 sets ) are my favorite besides the K-horn

Edited by Budman
  • Like 1

I've got both the 30's and CW III's. I run two systems with CW's in 2 channel and the 30's as the mains in an all KLF HT. If I were getting KHorns, I'd put em in 2 channel and keep the 30's for HT, while getting rid of my CW's. So ... the answer is 'it all depends' on your particular set up(s) and what YOU like.

• Like 1

well okay..hate to see the 30's go they really are clean and sound great 102db sensitivity very detailed.

What might they fetch 800 - 1000?

all very nice speakers!

as mentioned a lot of people do not like the black finish. Myself I chose black. In Chicago area I would start out at $900 on the klf30's and hold firm for a while unless someone shows $750 cash. Iv ran in to some very good klf30 deals in the past year at around $600 even 2 pairs less although that is a rare cost. Personally I believe they are well worth half of the original $1800 they were when new so id start there. Good luck. Nice speakers!

• Like 1

Thinking of thinning the stock in the basement and moving to K-Horns, what is your opinion on which pair should be let go?

Your sig says: Khorns front 86 RF-83 back RC-64 center

So you already have the KHorns?  Can you manage one of the La Scala as center?  That's what I did when I had La Scala as mains and a Heresy center and got KHorns.  After a year or so of keeping the Heresy center and using the La Scala as surround speakers, I tried one of them as center and it was SOOO much better than the Heresy.  So now I use one of the La Scala as centers and got a nicer pair of Heresy II to use as surrounds (first in a 6.1 arrangement with the 3 Heresy), and then picked up a pair of KPT-100 to use as rear surrounds in 7.1.

As good as the RC-64 is, it's no match for a La Scala as a center for KHorns (pun intended!).