Sound Improvment on redone wires?

candykid

Hello everyone? I was just wondering i just reworked my wires on my 4.1's This is what i have in them for the new wires! 85ft of monster XP 16 guage wire and radio shack gold plated mono plugs. Now i've heard that when you do this, it really improves the sound alot. Well after i did this upgrade, i didn't hear very much of a difference in sound quality? Anyone whos done this can you tell me if you got alot more out of your speakers after you did this and what kind of improvments you got? Also on a scale 1-10 please rate how much more of the improvment you got?

quote:

Originally posted by jealousy:

i've just come to realize how bad horn speakers sound and how much of a lack of midrage promedias have.

hehe, same here. well actually i like the horn tweeters. but when i changed the wires to 16 gauges, it seemed to get rid of the colored or brightened sound of the midrange with the old v.2-400's. and it made the speakers sound clearer over all, it was a very noticable difference. my room mate also noticed. but since it cleared up the colored midrange, it made the lack mids very apparent! like i hadn't noticed before.....so i sold my old promedia's biggrin.giftongue.gif

hey paragon, i have the original v.2-400 with the second preamp.

k27-R: yeah, i think you are right in saying that the clearness makes the lack of midrange more apparent. cause i feel like somehow it sounds worse now, with the new wire. oh well