Building a Belle

Cantilope

I hate to say this, but I never completed the build, I put this design down and ended up getting a set of Jubilees.  I felt I was going to spend a lot of money and time on the mid-horn and still not have quite what I was after with a small horn.  I have it now with the jubes, no question.

If your goal is the best sound, hands down it goes to the Jube and its K402.  No way a Belle could ever top it, IMHO.  I may build them one day if I move to a smaller home, I do have the materials.  However, my next build is this:

https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/topic/161404-a-k-402-based-full-range-multiple-entry-horn/

I don't have a room big enough for the Jubes just yet and the Belle's work for the amount of space in there (as do my CF-3's).  No doubt about the Jubes being the cats meow...maybe someday.  I've got two 4 x 8 sheets of Baltic Birch ready to go...just waiting on it not to be 125 degrees in my garage where  I'll have to build them.  Already have a new pair of K-33's, too.

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

Belle project is still going. Thanks to another forum member, I have the horns, K-55's, Type AA crossovers, and grills secured. Already have a new pair of K-33's and will rebuild the Type AA  or alter it to be a Type A/4500 since I'll be using CT-120 tweeters. Now to come up with the time to build as I'm still finishing up things from my mother's passing back in january, have to rebuild a wood deck on our house soon, also replace five 4x4 posts and 5 sections of a privacy fence. Fun fun. 

But to update, finally coming together.