latest CL find Sunfire True Subwoofer Architectural Subwoofer

Anotherforumname

I got this off of CL, the owner had it fixed at a local repair shop and then thought it still had problems, turns out he just liked to listen to music real low and the internal amp would shut off. It took the repair shop 8 months to fix it and in the meantime he got another sub. It is pretty much like new and sounds fantastic, blends well with the Forte II's and will shake the house. Best of all I got it for a 100 bucks. This is the one with the single 12" no passive and rear mounted amp. Hard to imagine you get that much bass from a 13" cube.

sunfire3_zpseb4568a0.jpg

sunfire1_zps6a029898.jpg

sunfire2_zps7d9cf3c1.jpg

• Like 4

Thanks, whats kind of funny is I took the guys word for it that it needed repairs and sold one of my home made subs to cover the costs, a real nice guy came and picked it up yesterday and then I tried out the sub only to find there was nothing wrong with it. Oh well I can always build another, but really like what this puts out and the size of it is just insane vs. output.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The Local repair shop sort of fixed it but not really, after it was on for a while it would stay on but not for the full 12 minutes as it was designed, and real intermittent when it first comes on. So I sent it into Bill Flannery, if you have any vintage Carver or Sunfire gear he is the guy to send it into. I sent it in last Friday and will update this when I get it back.

I had a 12" Sunfire and Earthquake Supernova at different times. Both of those little subs would shock a lot of people here with their size/performance.

I missed out on a 12" signature last weekend off CL. They only wanted $280 for it, $100 is a smoking deal. Congrats!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...