RC-62II center channel

andyo5

Is anybody using the RC-62II center speaker for music in a 3 channel system?

How do you like it? Can you compare it to the discontinued Academy model?

I'd like an Academy but this one would be alot easier to find. Too bad it has vinyl covering instead of veneer.

Thanks

What are your main speakers? Decisions on a center should have everything to do with that, and little to do with the questions you are asking. 

I agree. I am not a fan of printed veneers. I have a receiver I just bought that is beautiful, but has that fake veneer. This thing sold for $800 in 1976, and they couldn't put wood?

• Moderators

I agree with mustang. If you have Heresys, an academy might be a good fit. If you have RF-82ii, the RC-62ii would be the match.

To my ears, the Academy is not an upgrade over the RC-62ii. I once bought 3 Academy's and I personally wasn't impressed.

• Like 1

I agree that you should strongly consider another H3. A cheaper way to get it, if still available, is to buy an H2 for as good a price as possible, and buy the H3 upgrade kit for it from Klipsch. 

An H1 or 2 would do in a pinch, but for a perfect timbre match of your front 3, another H3 is the best. You may also consider no center, but instead use a phantom center. Most AVR's default to a phantom center when there is no center speaker defined.

Good luck!

• Like 1