Nakamichi 1000zxl limited

staygroovybaby

I would seek a lower repair cost.  Maybe where you live the prices are really high.  With that said, someone into vintage amps may want to fix but, I would not sink that much money into it.  There are other amps out there that will sound just as good and not as old.  This is just me and I can't speak for other people.

Edited by derrickdj1

I would seek a lower repair cost.  Maybe where you live the prices are really high.  With that said, someone into vintage amps may want to fix but, I would not sink that much money into it.  There are other amps out there that will sound just as good and not as old.  This is just me and I can't speak for other people.

This is a cassette deck, not an amp.  Their is not a lower repair price.  Only two people in the Usa qualified.

Interesting.  That is a cool looking deck and I look forward to the pictures!  

If I were you I would not have it rebuilt (don't say serviced... it needs to be refurbished!)  unless you were going to keep it yourself.  It is rare though... you might get your money out of it.  It would be nice to see it rebuilt correctly and saved!  I would talk to Perryinva on audiokarma or Jeff at ESLABS.  Perry rebuilt my Dragon and did an excellent job.  Jeff at ESLABS is the undisputed best!  Do NOT take this to a local tech!  Talk to folks who know Nakamichi.  Perry will give you a very honest assessment of what he can or can't do for you.  

Interesting.  That is a cool looking deck and I look forward to the pictures!  

If I were you I would not have it rebuilt (don't say serviced... it needs to be refurbished!)  unless you were going to keep it yourself.  It is rare though... you might get your money out of it.  It would be nice to see it rebuilt correctly and saved!  I would talk to Perryinva on audiokarma or Jeff at ESLABS.  Perry rebuilt my Dragon and did an excellent job.  Jeff at ESLABS is the undisputed best!  Do NOT take this to a local tech!  Talk to folks who know Nakamichi.  Perry will give you a very honest assessment of what he can or can't do for you.  

Thanks for the info. after researching, Jeffs name popped up along with someone else.  If I have it repaired I will consider Jeff.

Guest Steven1963

Definitely sell-able to the right person.  Anything that old and that cool and that rare will sell, it just might take a while and with the right advertising connections.  If I had deep pockets I would buy it and have it repaired and then put it behind glass so it couldn't be touched.

Seems like a piece of audio history...kinda like that stamps with the upside down airplane that sells for millions...only not.  Am I makin' any sense here?  :blink: